BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I recently bought a 2009 BMW 535i and having tough time with "High Battery Drain" issue. I got the battery replaced with original BMW battery but still was getting the message again. So got the IBS sensors replaced along with the negative cable. All spares are bought from BMW spares just a week ago.

Can someone help me to get out of this issue? Appreciate your advise.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,535 Posts
High Battery Drain is not a battery problem. It is a problem caused by a module not sleeping properly, being awakened too often or, most usually, by an aftermarket accessory improperly powered.

Modules with problems are recorded in the ECU for query by the proper computer program. OE / OEM fuses have known small resistances allowing evaluation of current through a good fuse. Search through my posts for the chart of OE fuse voltages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High Battery Drain is not a battery problem. It is a problem caused by a module not sleeping properly, being awakened too often or, most usually, by an aftermarket accessory improperly powered.

Modules with problems are recorded in the ECU for query by the proper computer program. OE / OEM fuses have known small resistances allowing evaluation of current through a good fuse. Search through my posts for the chart of OE fuse voltages.
Thank you for the response Doug. My car has no after market accessories installed. Do you recommend to take it to BMW Service Center? Or any certified mechanic can fix it?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Do you have a Carly or other OBD adapter always plugged in? Caused that on my E70 every morning...removed and never again.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts