BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the rear fold down seats of a 2009 M3 Sedan split seats (can fold down half or 60/40) or does the entire seat fold down as one piece?

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
Awesome! The biggest reason I chose the M3 over a 'vette or P-car is that it can be damn practical when I need it to be. I have a roof rack, but sometimes it's just easier to push the back seats down and throw whatever it is into the trunk.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have ski/snowboard attachments, but I agree that just folding down the seats is way easier. Where did you get your BMW roof rack from? Did you have a cheaper than dealership source?

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
Yeah, I have ski/snowboard attachments, but I agree that just folding down the seats is way easier. Where did you get your BMW roof rack from? Did you have a cheaper than dealership source?
I called and ordered through Circle BMW, which sells parts and accessories at a hefty discount. Their customer service is second to none, and they ship very fast. The OEM rack is actually cheaper than the Thule version, and is almost exactly the same thing (Thule makes the OEM rack). The base rack for the E90 costs $175 and I believe is part no. 82710403104 (you'll probably want to call to confirm and place your order).

If I'm riding alone, I'll just throw the bike in the trunk. Once you've finished with the initial install, it only takes a couple minutes to put on and take off, but I still only use the rack if my wife or a friend wants to go riding with me.

Good luck getting any sleep as the big day approaches! I'm very jealous!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts