Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I took my car in to get it checked for a hole in the exhaust pipe and a strange sound. It has a tiny hold on the pipe right by the resonator and i was told that i need a whole new assembly that can be very expensive. So, finding a welding guy near me, but no one wants to weld even though youtube videos.

The mechanic wanted to show me under the car and i found something else wrong with it as well. Please see the pic below. It seems as there's a cover missing from under the car. Its the same mechanic that replaced the water pump on this X5 2 weeks before and said he wasnt sure if it was there. They cannot help me find the part number.

Can someone please assist in this case, so i can find the cover.
thank you so much.

Ali

Attachments

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If you’re just looking for part number go to realOEM.com.
Most of those covers don’t get put back by the dealers after first oil change so on a 10 year old car it’s hard to blame the mechanic unless you can prove it was there. Not going to keep it from running.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,228 Posts
Hello everyone,
I took my car in to get it checked for a hole in the exhaust pipe and a strange sound. It has a tiny hold on the pipe right by the resonator and i was told that i need a whole new assembly that can be very expensive. So, finding a welding guy near me, but no one wants to weld even though youtube videos.

The mechanic wanted to show me under the car and i found something else wrong with it as well. Please see the pic below. It seems as there's a cover missing from under the car. Its the same mechanic that replaced the water pump on this X5 2 weeks before and said he wasnt sure if it was there. They cannot help me find the part number.

Can someone please assist in this case, so i can find the cover.
thank you so much.

Ali
I have an '09 also. No covers on mine. Never were. The one with the Allen head is the front differential drain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if there's any harm in leaving it open or get a cover for it.
I'll have a look at the site for OEM anyways.

Thanks.
Ali

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,807 Posts

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
very rarely see the x5's with that cover. they use the same stiffening plate for a couple other models. dont worry about it as its not needed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts