·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Irv.......:bow:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
:bustingup:bustingup

Trust me... when you ordered your first BMW, look at the calendar again.... at the info will magically appear.. SERIOULLY!!:D

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
Hooray! 2009 has 53 weeks of BMW production...:rofl:
Actually, only their calendar has 53 weeks. The Munich factory will be shut down on the following schedule:

February 19, 2009 until February 28, 2009
April 6, 2009 until April 18, 2009
June 2, 2009 until June 13, 2009
August 3, 2009 until September 14, 2009
November 2, 2009 until November 7, 2009
December 15, 2009 until January 11, 2010

I wish my vacation calendar looked like theirs!

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Ok, I guess I'm clueless too. I guess I'm missing what this shows as well. Is this just so you can know what week of the year your car was made? :dunno:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ok, I guess I'm clueless too. I guess I'm missing what this shows as well. Is this just so you can know what week of the year your car was made? :dunno:
Not necessarily was it made, but when will it be made, for us impatient folk who have ordered a car. BMW will tell you the production week as a number. For example, my original order was estimated to be produced in week 10, which means nothing to me.

Obviously, I can break out a calendar and start counting the weeks, but this just makes it easier. Plus, this avoids any uncertainty, such as "is the first week of the year considered a whole week or a partial week since it's only a few days."

Later in the year, when you're told that your car is being built in week 42, this becomes even more useful...

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Not necessarily was made, but when will it be made, for us impatient folk who have ordered a car. BMW will tell you the production week as a number. For example, my original order was estimated to be produced in week 10, which means nothing to me.

Obviously, I can break out a calendar and start counting the weeks, but this just makes it easier. Plus, this avoids any uncertainty, such as "is the first week of the year considered a whole week or a partial week since it's only a few days."

Later in the year, when you're told that your car is being built in week 42, this becomes even more useful...
Ah, ok. Thanks. Much better now. I guess I'm not that far along with the car for my upcoming ED yet.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, ok. Thanks. Much better now. I guess I'm not that far along with the car for my upcoming ED yet.
As your car gets closer to production,we can tell you the date it will be done.If it's a stateside delivery,it's usually 3 weeks or less from the day it's produced until it arrives at the dealer,add two weeks for west coast cars.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
As your car gets closer to production,we can tell you the date it will be done.If it's a stateside delivery,it's usually 3 weeks or less from the day it's produced until it arrives at the dealer,add two weeks for west coast cars.
My ED date is May 7th. When should I get a production number? Just got my ED packet in the mail with luggage tags and stuff yesterday.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So how do you derive your production week? I have a Production #, but don't know/have a week?

·
STEVIL Empire
742 Posts
My ED date is May 7th. When should I get a production number? Just got my ED packet in the mail with luggage tags and stuff yesterday.
Call your CA....
So how do you derive your production week? I have a Production #, but don't know/have a week?
Call 1-800-831-1117, speak to a live person, tell them your prod# and they will tell you what week it is scheduled.

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
Call your CA....

Call 1-800-831-1117, speak to a live person, tell them your prod# and they will tell you what week it is scheduled.
Just got the production # from my CA today and called the 800#. Looks like I'm scheduled for week 17. Thanks for the number. :thumbup:

Oddly, the BMW guy told me it was going to be produced in week 17 and then said that that was the week ending on April 11th, whereas it appears by the calendar posted here to be the week ending the 25th. :dunno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts