BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2009 X5 30i come with a spare tire in the trunk area? The salesmen told us no because it has run flat tires. Please excuse my stupidity on this we are new to BMW ownership. Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you get the third row, you don't have a spare tire as an option. It's only available for X5's without the third row. And, I think if you don't have the third row, you'll get a full-sized spare and can upgrade (for another $150) for the compact spare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We didn't get the third row. I saw the cubby hole area where I thought the tire should be but no tire? So it must be an option even if you don't get the third row?

·
Yes, please!
1,227 Posts
There is no full-sized spare. Penguin is correct. A compact spare is a $150 option if you don't have the 3rd row seats. If one did order the 3rd row seats, they should get a mobility kit from your dealer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We didn't get the third row. I saw the cubby hole area where I thought the tire should be but no tire? So it must be an option even if you don't get the third row?
Correct. Here is what the $150 OPTIONAL Space Saver Spare looks like. It goes in the same space as the cubby hole but does not include any of the trim/finishing.

Funf Dreisig

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
There is no full-sized spare... A compact spare is a $150 option if you don't have the 3rd row seats. If one did order the 3rd row seats, they should get a mobility kit from your dealer.
Correct, I should have added that there is no room for a spare with the third row seats.

If you don't want to pay BMW prices for the mobility kit, there are cheaper options:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38

http://www.slime.com/index.php?p=view_category&category_id=4

The conti kit is closest to the BMW Mobility kit in function, the cheapest slime kit requires a two-step process with you first putting the slime in the tire and them inflating it with the pump.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,684 Posts
Did I totally misunderstand this thread here?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408241&highlight=spare

I thought the OP in this thread purchased the 2010 35D but didn't order the space saver spare. Hence, he is now complaining about the bigger spare tire.
I am the moron. :cry: I didn't get the compact spare and therefore NO SPARE AT ALL%#[email protected]#[email protected](@##@?

I'd be OK with either- prefer a full size, but now looking to buy a compact....

A

·
Five is Right Out!
185 Posts
I am the moron. :cry: I didn't get the compact spare and therefore NO SPARE AT ALL%#[email protected]#[email protected](@##@?

I'd be OK with either- prefer a full size, but now looking to buy a compact....

A
Meh, how far does the doughnut get you anyway? Come to the dark side and get the full size spare Aussie style:bigpimp:...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts