BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a used 2010 328, I seem to have a problem using the aux input. When I pull the aux menu up in idrive it says aux is active even though nothing is plugged in, and when I DO plug my phone in, no audio plays through the car. There is a Aux volume bar, but it's stuck on 0, and when I select it to attempt to raise the volume, it won't move! Lol please tell me someone has had this happen before.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Selecting AUX through the headunit will always show as something "connected."

Have you checked the volume on your phone?

What about a different AUX cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried my phone, a friend's phone and an iPod. Volume on the devices are fine. The thing I find most odd is that idrive won't allow me the adjust the aux volume in car. It just stays on zero and won't raise when I attempt to raise it.

I've also tried multiple aux cables to no avail

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
I haven't monkeyed with the AUX input in forever because I have nothing that needs it. (My iPod is all-but-permanently connected to the USB input and enhanced Bluetooth handles streaming from phones.) I'm not driving my 335 today but when I get home tonight I will poke around, try to replicate (and correct) what you're seeing and report back.

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,650 Posts
Sorry, it works perfectly here. The AUX volume is adjustable regardless of whether a device is connected or not. I thought I might find an "AUX mute" option somewhere to override the input gain but came up empty. The system volume responds to the master gain, the AUX input gain and the output gain on the phone, all as expected. I was even able (after some fumbling) to switch back and forth between Bluetooth streaming and the AUX jack on the same source material.

Silly thought: Try a hard reboot. With the system on, press and hold the volume knob for ~20 seconds, until the control display blanks out.

Silly thought #2: Does your car have Bluetooth or USB inputs? Do those work? Are all other audio functions operating normally?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts