BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My current 2007 335i coupe has 43K miles on it and has been nothing but problems since the first day I got it. Don't get me wrong--I absolutely love my baby and can't imagine driving anything else. But given her service history, I really don't want to own her outside of warranty. With the high costs of the extended warranty and maintenance programs, I figured it would be best just to trade her in for something new.

I'm currently looking at a 2010 335i coupe with M sport, premium, cold weather, L7, nav, and comfort access. My local dealer is willing to sell me the car for $750 over invoice (plus $399 doc fee). I'd get the $2,500 holiday cash if I finance through BMWFS.

Question 1: Based on what you're seeing in your area, is this a good deal?

Question 2: Is it a good enough deal to pull the trigger on it, or do you think I should wait for the mid-life update coming in spring 2011?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I can't comment too much on the deal they're offering you, but if i was in your situation, i would wait till the lci release. If you take a 2010, your paying a lot for almost the same car, but if you wait for the 2011s you'll hopefully get some improvement, and if nothing else, some variety. Also, the 2011 renderings look pretty sharp. Worst case, if the 2011s completely turn you off, you could always spring for one of the last 2010s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another consideration is that Uncle Sam will let you deduct Sales Tax if u buy (not lease) a new car on or before Dec 31.

·
Gooble Goobledygoook
955 Posts
According to this month's Rondel, the upcoming 3 series coupe / convertible "is a facelift only. It will likely have LED tail lamps, different front and rear bumpers, different side skirts, revised side mirrors, and thin headlamp brows. Connected Drive Internet access will be offered, at least in Europe. The 335i versions may be reduced from a twin to single turbo but still make 300 horsepower. Look for them by Spring 2010."

I'll most likely be going for one of these...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are your thoughts on the change from a twin turbo to a single turbo? Although it will make the same HP, I wonder how the single blower will impact torque and/or turbo lag (if at all).

Any ideas if there will be any changes to the interior? I've been hoping they would they would add some cushioning to the center console & driver's door arm rests.

·
Gooble Goobledygoook
955 Posts
I'm no where near being an automotive expert, so I'm just going to say, I bet the engine change (if it's true) will have something to do with HPFP failures.

I don't have high hopes for a better interior though, BMW is still losing money, so probably more corners will be cut :( But these are all speculation on my part...

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
Hey everyone,

My current 2007 335i coupe has 43K miles on it and has been nothing but problems since the first day I got it. Don't get me wrong--I absolutely love my baby and can't imagine driving anything else. But given her service history, I really don't want to own her outside of warranty. With the high costs of the extended warranty and maintenance programs, I figured it would be best just to trade her in for something new.

I'm currently looking at a 2010 335i coupe with M sport, premium, cold weather, L7, nav, and comfort access. My local dealer is willing to sell me the car for $750 over invoice (plus $399 doc fee). I'd get the $2,500 holiday cash if I finance through BMWFS.

Question 1: Based on what you're seeing in your area, is this a good deal?

Question 2: Is it a good enough deal to pull the trigger on it, or do you think I should wait for the mid-life update coming in spring 2011?
I'd take it!!

It's only speculation at this point whether the twin scroll single turbo will be part of the facelift. Even though Roundel says it may happen, I rather doubt it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd take it!!

It's only speculation at this point whether the twin scroll single turbo will be part of the facelift. Even though Roundel says it may happen, I rather doubt it.
I have a 2007 328xi coupe and its a lease i dont like the car not enough for what i need even with a full eisenmann exhaust sounds rediculous with an intake and everything blacked out.I am turning the car in and went to look at a 2010 335 with everything loaded it looks nasty and i love it espescially after i finish working a car like that.I am debating with all this 2011 facelift talk but i dont want to wait and is there going to be a big difference i can always swap lights on my 2010 to 2011 lights i dont like the whole face lift. Can someone help me out here. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts