BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy
my 2010 BMW X5 doesnt intermittenly cool.
I would say 8 out of 10 times it doesnt cool.
if i stop and start sometime many times it may start. If i sometimes go on a long drive it may come on.

I had a friend check the freon and its good. what he said was that the compressor is not turning on when it doesnt work.
Is this a electrical problem and what should i be looking at for a intermittent problem.

Thanks a lot

· Do You Smell That?
748 Posts
Howdy
my 2010 BMW X5 doesnt intermittenly cool.
I would say 8 out of 10 times it doesnt cool.
if i stop and start sometime many times it may start. If i sometimes go on a long drive it may come on.

I had a friend check the freon and its good. what he said was that the compressor is not turning on when it doesnt work.
Is this a electrical problem and what should i be looking at for a intermittent problem.

Thanks a lot
Do you have the dual-zone AC? If so chances are the compressor has failed. It's about $1200 for a remanufactured one, plus labor.

When it's really a pain is in the rain becuase you won't be able to clear the condensation from the windows.

Been there. :cry:

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
Intermittent water valve issue??

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YOU have a big problem because the compressor is supposed to ALWAYS be on. The IHKA compressor does not normally cycle.
you are right.. correction the compressor is always on.. but it hardly cools.. only 1 in 10 times.. what are other things to check besides freon.. i know there is a pressure sensor - i heard sometimes that can cause issues ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.