BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am purchasing a 2010 X5M with 37,750 miles - out of warranty - and wanted to inquire if anyone has advice regarding current service contracts that are available and/or your experience with such.

Endurance.com has a exclusionary plan; however, they only cover 'breakdowns' full failure of a part and only pay the national labor rates which are in most cases lower than any BMW Service Department. They are offering a 3 year/22,500 mile extension.

Warranty Direct offers a exclusionary plan as well, for a bit more money, matches the posted labor rate, and covers wear and tear; however, has a HORRIBLE online user reviews rating, which is causing some major hesitation.

Direct options from Dealers include: WarrantySolutions and EasyCare which are both almost double the price of the Endurance/Warranty Direct options and are both INCLUSIVE warranty's which also causes concern.

I thought I had my mind made up on one; but now with so many pros and cons to each, I'm not so sure anymore.

Any real experience or advice regarding any of the above plans or ones not listed would be really appreciated!

Thank you all!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try Carchex. I purchased a 5 year and additional 75K miles for just under $6K. Easy Care only offers a BS 1 year 12K miles additional for around $4K. I know $6K sounds expensive but in 3 years when I want to sell the car and it STILL has 3 years and 40K miles of warranty some buyer will run to buy. Also, as these cars age, companies will no longer cover them regardless of what you're willing to pay. In all the cars I've ever owned, I've spent the most money on warranties and they ALWAYS pay them selves back 10 fold.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try Carchex. I purchased a 5 year and additional 75K miles for just under $6K. Easy Care only offers a BS 1 year 12K miles additional for around $4K. I know $6K sounds expensive but in 3 years when I want to sell the car and it STILL has 3 years and 40K miles of warranty some buyer will run to buy. Also, as these cars age, companies will no longer cover them regardless of what you're willing to pay. In all the cars I've ever owned, I've spent the most money on warranties and they ALWAYS pay them selves back 10 fold.
Have you had to use this warranty yet with success?

I once purchased an aftermarket warranty for a car much less expensive to maintain than the x5m and was denied my claim the only single time I actually needed to use it. :mad:

6k is a lot of money to spend on a warranty and I'm sure this doesn't include the deductibles and other expenses required when using it (shop fees, equipment etc ...).

If you have the cash for the warranty put it aside and save it IF anything actually happens ... or use it for gas because your going to need it. :rofl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you had to use this warranty yet with success?

I once purchased an aftermarket warranty for a car much less expensive to maintain than the x5m and was denied my claim the only single time I actually needed to use it. :mad:

6k is a lot of money to spend on a warranty and I'm sure this doesn't include the deductibles and other expenses required when using it (shop fees, equipment etc ...).

If you have the cash for the warranty put it aside and save it IF anything actually happens ... or use it for gas because your going to need it. :rofl:
I just bought the car with 30K miles. I agree, $6K is a lot but after reading a couple threads here on $30K engine blow ups I think it's worth it. The warranty I got was their "Titanium" exclusionary policy.

My train of thought was that in 3 years when my car is 8 years old and NO ONE wants to warranty it I think I'll have a tough time selling it. Of course if I find a brave buyer who doesn't want the warranty I can always cancel it and get my money back. The warranty has a $100 deductible, never heard of shop fees or equipment charges.

Anyways, warranties are very simple and the rule "you get what you pay for" applies almost perfectly. Get a good exclusionary policy and you'll be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts