BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I have a 328i sedan and i was trying to sync my phone to my system by bluetooth. I can only connect my phone calls to my system, and when t comes down to playing music, i have to use an aux cord. Do i need to go to BMW to upgrade my system, or is there a way to fix it? I went through so many youtube videos, and i don't think my system is up to date. I even had a couple of my friends from my work (technicians) try it and couldn't figure it out. So if someone is experiencing the same problems let me know. Thank you !

-Hema

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Do you know if this is an installed option?

Do you know if this is an installed option?
Try one of the the BMW vin checkers to see if you
have the option installed .
You must have idrive to have this option.(streaming bluetooth music)

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Many 2011 328i do not have A2DP support for Bluetooth music. Even the newer F30 does not necessarily have A2DP...BMW only makes A2DP a supported feature of the F30 whyen it has a certain prerequisite option! In the F30 you need 'Enhanced BT' option to have A2DP profile stereo audio streaming over BT. Even in 2014 335i MSport the enhanced BT and USB was not an option on the 2014 model and you had to pay $2150 for the nav package to get it. Someone wrote that not all non-Nav 2014 3-series have the combox; some have the basic Bluetooth/USB integrated in the non-Nav HU and cannot be easily upgraded to enhanced Bluetooth.

There are Bluetooth adapter units which provide A2DP link to your phone, and feed that link to the Aux connector, as a means to provide wireless phone connection for music.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
If you have a USB/AUX option, look into the Viseoo adapters.

That will stream music over Bluetooth with song info and allow you to control the playlist as well.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
...what suggestion for Android folks, Viseeo seems only to have iPad support
I never realized that product does not work with Android.

Unfortunately I don't know of the equivalent for Android.

I'm sure you're aware that any Bluetooth adapter for the Aux port will work but as far as steering wheel control, I'm not sure. Sorry

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
The only way to have Bluetooth Audio in your E90 is to have a Combox in the trunk for BMW Assist and Navigation. Then you can code A2DP in your car.

Hey, so I have a 328i sedan and i was trying to sync my phone to my system by bluetooth. I can only connect my phone calls to my system, and when t comes down to playing music, i have to use an aux cord. Do i need to go to BMW to upgrade my system, or is there a way to fix it? I went through so many youtube videos, and i don't think my system is up to date. I even had a couple of my friends from my work (technicians) try it and couldn't figure it out. So if someone is experiencing the same problems let me know. Thank you !

-Hema

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Viseeo Tuneair streams music, can also enable GPS voice over Bluetooth. It connected well with IPhone 6 but did not work in Google Nexus phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts