BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was on the bmwusa.com site utilizing the "build your own" feature and the site will not let you choose the HK audio speaker upgrade without forcing you to choose the "Premium Package".

Can you not choose to upgrade to the HK system alone with forcing the purchase of the "Premium Package"??

Thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I believe this is one of the March changes, which really stinks. One of the things that has always set BMW apart from the competition is the ability to pick and choose options, and really custom tailor a car to individual needs. It's a shame that they appear to be moving away from this model, and adding expensive package prerequisites.

I'm glad I ordered my E92 a few months ago, because the forced additions of expensive M-Sport and Premium packages would have made an S4 look mighty appealing instead...

·
East Coast Commuter
4,630 Posts
Hello,

I was on the bmwusa.com site utilizing the "build your own" feature and the site will not let you choose the HK audio speaker upgrade without forcing you to choose the "Premium Package".

Can you not choose to upgrade to the HK system alone with forcing the purchase of the "Premium Package"??

Thanks.
Yes...this is the new method of doing business at BMW. I do not like it even though I can see why they are doing it from a business standpoint. It helps them better leverage leased cars and most BMW's are leased. You can always do a BSW aftermarket upgrade if you do not want to pay for PP on the 328.

·
HerrDoktorProfessor
3,650 Posts
I don't this is true anymore. The last few days they have changed the configure site. I was able to configure a 328i with HK but not premium package.
you do have to add bmwassist though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts