BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 328xi, the idle was rough this morning when I start the car, and I realized my car was also producing whistling noise later on the road. when I take off the engine oil cap, the whistling noise is gone. My understanding is the CCV need to be replace. I think I read somewhere, the CCV for my car is part of the crankcase cover, so I need to replace the whole cover. Am I correct?

thank you any input in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have a check engine light on ? Is it running a lean condition (P0171/P0174) ? If you remove the oil filter cap you should notice stumbling and a strong suction on the oil filter cap.

Alternatively, if the separator inst working you may get oil back into your intake/engine - check sparks plug for oil contamination.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The check engine is not on. I will try to remove the filter cap tonight. I think there will be strong suction, since I do feel strong suction after engine oil cap being removed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If it is the CCV, I would consider getting a catch pan instead. Mixed reviews on how people feel about these, but I would go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts