BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Is this thing on?
1,375 Posts
The ED Wiki is probably your best friend here, at least to start. If you combine ED with PCD then you can even skip the local dealers entirely and go with a board sponsor such as Irv Robinson who floats around these 'ere forums and is a VERY nice man.

Can't say enough good things about the whole process... hell you could buy your car and take delivery back in the USA without ever setting foot in a traditional dealership, or even meeting your CA face to face. Definitely the best way to buy a car :)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
hell you could buy your car and take delivery back in the USA without ever setting foot in a traditional dealership, or even meeting your CA face to face. Definitely the best way to buy a car :)
:thumbup:
Going on my 4th ED and I've never met my CA..when I go to a local dealer and they start talking, I get quite a good laugh

·
Registered
203 Posts
:thumbup:
Going on my 4th ED and I've never met my CA..when I go to a local dealer and they start talking, I get quite a good laugh
If you don"t mind me asking, who have you used? I'm planning my 3rd and even though my dealer always gives me $500 over ED invoice, I really don't think they deserve my money with the attitude I recieved on my last purchase.
Thx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don"t mind me asking, who have you used? I'm planning my 3rd and even though my dealer always gives me $500 over ED invoice, I really don't think they deserve my money with the attitude I recieved on my last purchase.
Thx
Is ED invoice roughly US invoice - 7%? Then it is very hard for me to get ED invoice + invoice at options/packages + 1000 dealer profit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is ED invoice roughly US invoice - 7%? Then it is very hard for me to get ED invoice + invoice at options/packages + 1000 dealer profit.
Your dealer should provide you with the ED invoice. Mine always has. But yes it's about 7% off US invoice. Even in 08 when they were still selling cars, I was able to get $500 over ED invoice. Heck, My father bought a 335d last year at $500 over ED invoice, minus the $4500 Eco credit. The issue I had with my dealer was more of a customer service after the purchase issue that makes me want to take my money elsewhere, not the deal itself.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Your dealer should provide you with the ED invoice. Mine always has. But yes it's about 7% off US invoice. Even in 08 when they were still selling cars, I was able to get $500 over ED invoice. Heck, My father bought a 335d last year at $500 over ED invoice, minus the $4500 Eco credit. The issue I had with my dealer was more of a customer service after the purchase issue that makes me want to take my money elsewhere, not the deal itself.
In Orlando? I don't even bother. If I remember correctly there was a guy named Matt in Daytona who had quite an attitude although he initially seemed like he knew what we were doing, maybe he still does but the attitude killed it. An ED contract should take no more than 2 e-mails or phone calls followed by a check in the mail. We make it easy for them, don't ask any questions or have any problems, so lose the attitude.

·
Registered
203 Posts
In Orlando? I don't even bother. If I remember correctly there was a guy named Matt in Daytona who had quite an attitude although he initially seemed like he knew what we were doing, maybe he still does but the attitude killed it. An ED contract should take no more than 2 e-mails or phone calls followed by a check in the mail. We make it easy for them, don't ask any questions or have any problems, so lose the attitude.
So who are you going through now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.