BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a blend of MPG and Performance. Which one is Faster? Getting a used 335d gets you more goodies for same price... It looks like it has LOADS of Torque. Both are rated at 36 MPG Highway? What are the pros and cons of each? Leaning towards the NEW 328i ED.

· Registered
174 Posts
used 335d

I had a 2009 335d with Sport Package and I really regret having sold it. The car had awesome performance with outstanding highway fuel economy. I have owned more than a dozen BMWs over the past 25 years; the 335d was the best ! The 335d would exceed the highway rating for fuel economy !

The torque is amazing ! If you can find a 2011 335d in good condition with Sport Package and low miles, grab it !

It would blow away the 328i in so many ways. The performance is comparable to the 335i.
In a test track contest done in the UK between a 335i and a 335d, the d posted a slightly faster time around the track !

A few other points in favour of the 335d: with the Sport Pkg, it has staggered summer performance tires; comes with LED turn signals front and rear; has an aluminum sub-frame instead of the heavier steel used in the F30 and finally, it also has hydraulic as opposed to electro-hydraulic steering for better road feel.

Test drive both cars before you make up your mind.

· Premium Member
6,932 Posts
For Performance => 335d
For Fuel Economy => 335d
For Luxury => 328i
For Tech => 328i

Hands down I would pick a '11 335d over an '11 328i or even an 11 335i, but little things like a HUD in the F30 are awlfully nice to have.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Advice, leaning toward the 335d... just to throw something else in there, there F30 328i beats the 335i around the track to. I was hoping you guys would approve another ED for me!!! :) Now, if they ONLY had the F30 diesel......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.