BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2011 335i Steptronic, track car. M3 control arms front/rear, ECS Tuning rear trailing arms, Bilstein HD's, StopTech brakes, Dinan camber plates, FBO's with Cobb Stage 1 tune, Corsa exhaust, 18x9 sguare, Hankook R-S3's. 10 track days so far this year, with another 6 scheduled. Drive to the track, tear it up all day, drive home in comfort. Most excellent.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. I'm going to be doing the same
Thing in the future. Does the 2011 335i have an open diff?
Yes it does have an open diff, but you would never know it. I hang with race prepped M3's on slicks, and I am all over them exiting corners I can get the power to the ground so early. And, I'm running a Steptronic, which is fantastic for cushioning the shock loads so the rear does not step out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
What do you mean by steptronic? I'm just about to put coilovers on, m3 arms and bushings, and sway bars. Then the 2.5 camber. Anything else you recommend? I'm making about 405 hp at the moment. What're you making?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What do you mean by steptronic? I'm just about to put coilovers on, m3 arms and bushings, and sway bars. Then the 2.5 camber. Anything else you recommend? I'm making about 405 hp at the moment. What're you making?
Its an automatic, Steptronic. I'm making about the same hp as you. The trailing arms from ECS Tuning really help on braking. They stop any toe change as you trailbrake into a corner. I have stock sport sway bars, since the M3 ones are only about 5% stiffer, and I like the sport springs. All BMW's need some amount of body motion to rotate I think. Check the race section where I posted some video's. NCM two weeks ago, I could gain ground on Vettes with massive slicks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Any overheating issues? I've heard that oil temps are a problem with these on the track.
I have the Burger Motorsports cowl delete cabin filters. Once that cowl assembly is gone, temps drop dramatically. I also deleted the driving lights and opened up airflow to the oil cooler. Last week at NCM Motorsports Park it was 85 degree's and temps never went above; summer day around town with a/c on, temps.

Acid test will be Road Atlanta, July 30-31. Shake and bake

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
What that's awesome?! I was the NCM this past weekend and saw no 335i's that is so awesome!! I'm gonna pm you later, on mods you have and what not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts