BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I did quite a bit of searching but I was not able to find answers to a few questions. I was told my 335xi was scheduled for production on 4/3 but when I called in this morning the automated 800 number told me it should be finished by 3/31! Normally, this would be great news. However, when I log into My BMW, the options it lists are incorrect.

It lists the premium package with black dakota leather (I did not order the premium package and instead went with black leatherette) and it does not list the m-sport package or harmon kardon.

1- Is the m-sport package dealer or factory installed for 335 coupes?
2- Is the upgraded stereo dealer-installed?

I am hoping since they updated an existing order that My BMW simply has the wrong information but have contacted my sales person and their manager to make sure. I am going to be super pissed if I waited six weeks for it to be built and then they got the order wrong. I can live with the premium package (although you can bet I am not paying a dollar over cost for it) but M-sport is key for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
258 Posts
The M-sports package contains many items, I doubt its dealer installed. Besides the mechanical parts, there are electronics, front bumper cover, etc, etc. I doubt BMW would trust such a modification to the dealer.

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for replying. That's what I was afraid of. I'm thinking, well the dealer could definitely do the stereo and the aero portion of the kit, but we are also talking seats, suspension etc. So what are the chances that it is simply wrong in My BMW and/or can be updated in time for production.

Eric

·
Flying monkey herder
8,168 Posts
the website is horribly wrong and out of date when it comes to options...
ask your dealer to do a vehicle inquiry report if you're worried.

I can almost guarantee you that your dealer modified an existing production slot, and the config you see is the pre modified state. its likely that it wont update to reflect the correct config for a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Orient330iNYC

I feel a little better about this all now. The only weird thing is that the website showed a terra interior for the past month or so and only last week is it now showing black. Fingers crossed that the website is wrong.

Thanks!

·
Flying monkey herder
8,168 Posts
I feel a little better about this all now. The only weird thing is that the website showed a terra interior for the past month or so and only last week is it now showing black. Fingers crossed that the website is wrong.

Thanks!
i would ask my dealer for a VIR... just to be safe....
the terra to black leather instead of 'ette does blip my radar a little.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys

I just heard back from my sales reps manager. Evidently they stopped offering the leatherette which is why my order is showing up as premium package with black dakota leather. He thinks that they will offer me a credit for the order change. This certainly beats them cancelling my order.

I also inquired about the m-sport package and will see what I hear back on that...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sounds like you have figured out and all is good. When I ordered my car last Sept everything showed on the website, BUT the HK sound. Car showed up with the HK sound, so I would imagine yours will too. The HK not showing up seems to be typical.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a vehicle on order and also choose to skip the Premium Package and order the HK sound system upgrade. Several days later my dealer contacted me and told me that the factory contacted them and that my order was on hold because they could not install the HK upgrade without choosing the Premium Package option. I either had to cancel the HK order or add the Premium Package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts