BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,677 Posts
You have to press the STOP button two times to totally shut everything off. The first press takes you to "radio readiness" mode, which equates to "Accessory" for key-ignition cars. If you only press it once, then it will shut down when you close and lock the doors. It's all IN THE MANUAL!

EDIT -- OK, Slaymaster just beat me to the punch :).

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you are just going to complain that an issue has already been the topic of a thread of tell someone to read the owners manual....maybe you should consider not posting a reply. Sometimes it is easier to ask a simple question here than read the owners manual or research for a thread.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,677 Posts
If you are just going to complain that an issue has already been the topic of a thread of tell someone to read the owners manual....maybe you should consider not posting a reply. Sometimes it is easier to ask a simple question here than read the owners manual or research for a thread.
I gave the proper answer and then noted it's in the manual. I didn't say "RTFM", did I? Or, maybe you weren't talking to me. In actuality, so many issues could be understood and resolved by simply RTFM, just saying... If you review my 3000+ entries, you'll see I try to be a pretty helpful person on these boards.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I gave the proper answer and then noted it's in the manual. I didn't say "RTFM", did I? Or, maybe you weren't talking to me. In actuality, so many issues could be understood and resolved by simply RTFM, just saying... If you review my 3000+ entries, you'll see I try to be a pretty helpful person on these boards.
Sorry, wasn't really replying to you. I saw a couple of posts that said "not this again" and "read the manual." I don't always research the manual or research threads when I ask for some quick input. I appreciate the regular posters like you who provbide input. Anyway, I was interested in the topic to see if there was any new insight on this. I have come into my house and forgot to hit the start button the second time and my phone is still linked to the car and I miss a call. I have to run out to the garage and get in the car and hit the button again to use my phone. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Press and hold the Start button until the car is really off.
Actually not, this was true on previous models, the F10 takes two pushes ....... unless you fail to remove your foot from the brake on the second push in which case the car restarts and two more are required ........ :rofl:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Sorry, wasn't really replying to you. I saw a couple of posts that said "not this again" and "read the manual." I don't always research the manual or research threads when I ask for some quick input. I appreciate the regular posters like you who provbide input. Anyway, I was interested in the topic to see if there was any new insight on this. I have come into my house and forgot to hit the start button the second time and my phone is still linked to the car and I miss a call. I have to run out to the garage and get in the car and hit the button again to use my phone. Very frustrating.
Maybe I am the bad guy. :eeps: Perhaps my post was a bit harsh. Apologies.

Two posts came in on the F10 forum asking the same question within a short period of time. I thought someone was messing with us. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Actually not, this was true on previous models, the F10 takes two pushes ....... unless you fail to remove your foot from the brake on the second push in which case the car restarts and two more are required ........ :rofl:
Ugh- I do that about once a week- turn my car off, then turn it right back on again b/c my foot is still on the brake.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2013 F10, and I'm trying to figure out the following:

With the ignition completely off, how would I put the ignition in accessory mode?

When I push the start button with my foot off the brake, the vehicle goes into a mode that acts like an accessory mode, but also turns on the headlights (which I can't turn off). Or is this in fact the accessory mode?

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
That is accessory mode. Switch headlights out of auto.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.