BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help... Please.

2011 Auto 2.0 X1 engine issue (intermittent)

My best effort to explain the problem, here it goes.

At low speeds or pulling off from a junction, sometimes, I accelerate and nothing happens bar a slow crawl - I've figured out two ways to keep going: 1- floor it and after a few second of continued crawling it picks up speed and is fine. 2 - put it in N and then back in D, it then drives as normal. If I leave it struggling / crawling along it eventually stalls then takes ages to restart again.

This happens on and off, sometimes days between occurrences, sometimes several times on the same day.

If anyone's experienced similar I'd appreciate the help trying to diagnose... had it plugged in by my mechanic and no codes are shown, probably because the EM light doesn't come on whilst its playing up... He's left scratching his head, and too am I.

· Registered
554 Posts
On my 2014 x1 s28i, I pull out and turn onto road, and car thinks for a second or two while I'm pushing throttle to floor, so then, it shoots full throttle.

Summer P7 tires are hard and loosing traction, so the smart e-diff is over reacting.

Rears are at 36 psi cold, and I've noticed if I make sure they are at least 38 psi cold, the turn is firmer.

Can't wait to get some Michelin Pilot 4s on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.