Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My car needs fuel injectors, so instead of paying 3400$ for BMW stealership, I'm going to change them by myself. The question is which the fuel injectors that I got has a lot of numbers on them, and I just want some help finding the right ones to use to program the DME with? Part number 13647597870 Thank you all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello My car needs fuel injectors, so instead of paying 3400$ for BMW stealership, I'm going to change them by myself. The question is which the fuel injectors that I got has a lot of numbers on them, and I just want some help finding the right ones to use to program the DME with? Part number 13647597870 Thank you all

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
You want index 11 or higher. You might have index 09 which you'll see on the injector. Remind you, those injector numbers need to be programmed with BMW software per cylinder or you may have an engine running issues and possible add to much fuel and wash out a cylinder .... engine damage. YOU CAN'T MIX 09 and 11 injectors all over. Each bank needs to either have all three 09 index or all three 11 index. Ive seen idiots DYI injectors and don't replace o-rings or put the spacer hats on and **** up their whole cyl head. Read repair instructions before you make a simple job turn into a motor.

note: disconnect your negative battery so the fuel pump doesn't prime fuel when you have the lines open and also so you don't by chance spark the positive battery post by the valve cover causing a fire. Just imagine a fire from a spark then the car primes more fuel to the mix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts