BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so i have a hard decision to choose. Today, I visited a BMW dealership and i saw a brand new 2010 650i full package MSRP 88,670 and now it is reduced to $63,777. It seem to be a great deal, because BMW didn't produce any 6 series during 2011 and the new design is coming out soon. I am also interested in a 2011 e92 M3, which MSRP is around $64,625.

I test drove both cars, they both are fast and comfortable. 6 series seem to be high class compare to the m3. But the m3 is definately has more sporty look and faster. I can't make up my mind, any opinion would be nice i want to decide by end of this week.

Vote if you can, Thanks

·
I Know Nothing
658 Posts
M3. Not even close IMHO.

However, you have to decide what your priorities are in this purchase. It sounds as if you're inclined to go with the 650i because it's a great deal. Since they're basically the same price ask yourself if someone were to just give you one, which would you prefer?

Like I said, it would be the M3 for me. By a landslide. The 650i wouldn't even be on my radar no matter how good the deal was.

·
8D
745 Posts
I would say M3. Personally because 650i will be replaced when the new model comes out...

·
I Know Nothing
658 Posts
Can't you just buy the one YOU like most? Who cares what us yahoos prefer?

·
Registered
58 Posts
personally i'd for got the M3.....i don't see the point in buying a 6er when the new design is coming so soon. the new 6er looks great and i'd just be disappointed with an old one once that one came out. Plus the M3 is more of a drivers car and thats what i like.

but like everyone's said.....its your choice...and if u've driven both and still can't decide...then maybe you should wait for the new c63 to come out and drive that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Let me ask you: You walk into a bar and there are 2 women. One is overweight, big butt, and wants to marry you! The other woman is more athletic, wants to play and just have fun and when she screams at the her peak, it will make you wanna go Oy mami!! Your pick!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Without knowing anything else about you, what your priorities are, if you have other cars, where you live etc... I would have to go with the M3.

·
Been there, Done that.
5,152 Posts
Sis has a 09 650 and although it's got plenty of punch, you feel every bit of it's 4,300 pounds. I'd choose the ///M. This may very well be the last we see of the high revving, naturally aspirated engine in an ///M car. Get it while it lasts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you guys for the input. the 650i is out of my list. Now i am debating between the m3 or the new 2012 c63 AMG. I currently own a cls 550 and it is a very smooth/luxury ride. I love mercede's interior and the power.

what you guys think about the comparison between the AMG and the m3? I rarely race at the track, so i am looking for fun daily driving car. I never have problems with my current Mercede and it's a reliable car. How about the m3? Will it have many problems after few years or certain milage?

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
I would go with the M3, and did. The 650i is a real nice car for sure, but it has one of the worst resale values of any car made, versus the M3 that has one of the best.

I've had Mercedes in the past and will not go there again. The car spent more time in the shop than it did driving on the road.

Good luck regardless on which car you select.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Thank you guys for the input. the 650i is out of my list. Now i am debating between the m3 or the new 2012 c63 AMG. I currently own a cls 550 and it is a very smooth/luxury ride. I love mercede's interior and the power.

what you guys think about the comparison between the AMG and the m3? I rarely race at the track, so i am looking for fun daily driving car. I never have problems with my current Mercede and it's a reliable car. How about the m3? Will it have many problems after few years or certain milage?
I am interested that your Mercedes has not had any issues. Your luck is better than mine, as our '04 S600 seemed to have never ending nitpick problems.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.