BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I just joined this forum today and wanted to start off by posting a new thread.

I am trying to get myself into a '11 bmw m3 convertible. I have built it with the dealer and the msrp was around 84k and change. Mineral white with every option.

I was quoted $950 incl. tax, $0 cap cost reduction, $1580 due at signing, for 15000 miles per year for 36 months. (bmw loyal discount)

How does this deal sound? Thanks

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Need final selling price, money factor to really judge deal.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey guys

I just joined this forum today and wanted to start off by posting a new thread.

I am trying to get myself into a '11 bmw m3 convertible. I have built it with the dealer and the msrp was around 84k and change. Mineral white with every option.

I was quoted $950 incl. tax, $0 cap cost reduction, $1580 due at signing, for 15000 miles per year for 36 months. (bmw loyal discount)

How does this deal sound? Thanks
Without knowing all the details I'd say it's more or less on target when compared to my deal. I'm getting a mineral white M3 convertible at around 81k msrp, 10k miles per year for 36 months at 795 with tax (NY tax), nothing down (an 82k m3 convertible would have cost me around 820, so add in another 2k to msrp (as per your deal) and 5k more miles per year and you're looking at something like 900+). Try to do MSDs, go outside NY and save some money per month. Who are you dealing with if you don't mind me asking? I can give you my guy's info if you'd like to see what he can offer you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm comfortable with the monthly payments.

Do you think the dealership will budge in terms of reducing the due at signing?

·
Registered
260 Posts
i'm comfortable with the monthly payments.

Do you think the dealership will budge in terms of reducing the due at signing?
Doubt it. My due at signing is first month payment, acquisition fee, and a few other fees. The first two would be over 1600 for you, so I'm not even sure how you're paying less than that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
They waived the security deposit since I am a loyal customer (leased a BMW 4 months ago)
Acquisition fee isn't a security deposit. I don't have to pay one either since I'm going from one BMW to another.

Here's some info:

The amount due at signing is calculated as follows:

Due at Signing = 1st Month's Payment + Security Deposit + (Downpayment + Fees) * (1 + Tax Rate)

Security deposit varies depending on your monthly payment. It is equal to the monthly payment (including tax) rounded up to the nearest $50. For example, if your monthly payment comes out to $555, your security deposit will be $600. Security deposit is refundable at the end of the lease. You can waive the security deposit by increasing the money factor by 0.00015.

We recommend that customers put nothing toward downpayment when leasing a vehicle because in the event of a total loss of the vehicle, you will lose your downpayment!

Fees include the $725 lease acquisition fee charged by BMW (BMW allows dealers to mark it up by up to $200) as well as various other fees. You can waive the acquisition fee by increasing the money factor by 0.00035. Some of the other fees are charged by the state, therefore, they vary by state. Others are dealer charges such as documentation fee, preparation fee and various other fees. These are often excessive and the consumer should negotiate with the dealer to minimize these fees.

http://www.fairbmwlease.com/guide.html

·
Mace
817 Posts
Since no one has mentioned your actual purchase price are we to assume you're paying MSRP? Should be able to do much better than that. Also, as ksoe said, you can't really tell what sort of "deal" you're getting without purchase price and financial info (Money Factor, fees, etc.) If you're paying MSRP it's not much of a deal regardless of the financing. Double thumbs up on the MSD, it's a must do IMHO.

Recommend you look into board sponsors.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You are getting a great deal.

·
Camel RIDER
85 Posts
WOW...this just confirms my great deal of an AW DCT 2011 M3 vert FULLY loaded through Military sales for 65k... is a freaking steal (will order whenI get back to Afghanistan in 3 weeks)! I am unloading my 650I this week. I was wondering about leasing and this provided me some good info. Thx my friends!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I sign all the paperwork this week, then do you guys think the car will be available? Dealership tells me 6 weeks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts