BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 328xi (automatic) sedan that recently started shuddering/shuddering. One thing that causes it is slowing and stopping. Once I stop the whole car spudders and shakes almost sounds like its going to die.....

Any thoughts on what this is, I have an appointment with BMW to deal with it (its only a year old so pretty much anything it could be is under warranty). Just want to know what the pros here think before hand.

Thanks

·
Banned
10,410 Posts
I have a 2011 328xi (automatic) sedan that recently started shuddering/shuddering. One thing that causes it is slowing and stopping. Once I stop the whole car spudders and shakes almost sounds like its going to die.....

Any thoughts on what this is, I have an appointment with BMW to deal with it (its only a year old so pretty much anything it could be is under warranty). Just want to know what the pros here think before hand.
Thought: Must read codes to have any direction at all.

Shot in inky dark: Crank sensor - SEARCH for more info.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Thanks
Maybe poor fuel quality. :confused:

·
Fungineer
143 Posts
if it happens all the time, take it in. Just passed 5k and no problems here.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

Thanks
You have a beta version of the new Stop / Start eco feature? That's how the loaners I've had recently feel.

Seriously, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its going to the dealer Tuesday (i will post what they say/do) they are the only one near me and I don't trust them.

The car has always done this however it was so slight that most people thought I was nuts. Now its randomly happening to the point the whole car shudders (side to side). I have looked online but cant find anything on this series automatic with the same problem let alone what the solution could be.

As for codes well there is no check engine light or warnings from the car. I dont want to get a well we couldn't find anything. I dont believe that this is just a BMW thing as my 97 does not do this. And I have the correct grade gas in the car.

Could this be the driveshaft (I am in the window for the recall) or something else, transition, engine mount.

Also as for a beta on the eco thing the 2012 uses, would they do that? also wouldnt they have to tell you its in the car?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have same issue 2011 328i x drive with 5500 miles. Any info would be great as dealer not sure why it does this.
So I am not the only one, and I think my dealer will give me the "we don't have a clue, go away" too. Especially with no codes being thrown. What is your manufacture date? Is yours an automatic. I heard there is a recall on drive shaft bolts on cars from made from 2/11 - 8/11

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Dexterp652. I have the same car, but do not have the issue. I live in the city (NYC) and my car is garaged for sometimes 2 or 3 weeks. I take it out and no issues. Please let us know what the dealer says. Really interested. I have friends with the 2011 as well - no issues.

Thanks, and good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts