BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping I can get some help on this issue with my wife's Bimmer if it is a problem,seems that when making a slow turn it kinda of hesitates or feels like I'm driving over those rubber strips they have on some streets . My wife says its normal,since she drives it all the time,but not me,has anybody encounter this problem?I hope its just me..LOL..like she suggests.Thank You in advance.:)

·
Registered
785 Posts
That is not normal. When this happens, can u feel vibrations or shaking in the steering wheel? If so, you probably have some worn bushings or ball joints somewhere in the front end. How many miles on this vehicle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
x3 Vibration

It has 50,200 miles on it,but the problems only happens when turning to the left,i forget to check if it does to both sides,but runs real smooth on freeway at any speed.Thanks for the quick reply,you think might be joints?Guess gonna have to take it in,have to check my extended warranty I bought from them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It might be a problem with the transfer case. I had that issue at about 30k miles, it was fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
492 Posts
From what I've read on this forum and the one for the last X3 (e83), sounds like you have a problem with the transfer case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
x3 (F25) Transfer Case

I was doing some research on it and it could be that,read that the 2011 (E83) was having problems with that.Since I has a warranty on it I will take the car in and when figure out what is wrong with it,I will post the results of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts