BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All

First post but have been lurking now for about 1.5 months or so, leading up to purchasing a 2011 35D with 73k miles. Owned it for a few weeks (and with lots of reading on the forums) and decided to go ahead with the ABC Delete (DPF, SCR, and AARodriguez EGR Race Pipe) while I had some free time. Worked with Andrew and his team (all really great people) during the questions, ordering, and shipping of the products. Appreciate the help!

First impressions of the delete and tune were amazing - this thing really flies now! There is non-stop power from 0 to 132 MPH and you really don't realize how fast you are cruising - the ride is super smooth.

I ended up going with a High-Flow Cat (catless was a little too loud for my taste) - even with the cats, you can still hear the turbos whistling with the windows down. As far as smell, I would say there is a faint to sometimes strong smell but coming from a construction background, I am used to the smell (and it enjoy it). Slight issue with some smell coming through the vents when stopped - it comes and goes but I am still looking into this. No smell when driving and no drone at highway speeds.

Charge Air Issues - So about 500 miles into the tune (and the next day) I ran into a CEL and the following CARLY Code - 004D76 - "Charge Air Temperature sensor does not plausible air temperature to teh rest of the temperature signals"

Running through some old threads (pretty old) and came up with things to run down - the codes don't match perfectly but same gist.

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e70-forum/68474-35d-air-temp-sensor-failure-thread-3.html

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/x5-e70-forum/68474-35d-air-temp-sensor-failure-thread.html

Anyone seen this sensor break recently?

Currently working with installer to run things down - need to get some additional software and cable. Will also probably order the sensor as it is only $25 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - sent the ECU back for some more programming. Looks like complete removal of the EGR was new to the tune and needed to be adjusted.

For FYI - I did replace the charge air temp sensors. It's turned the CEL off for a half day and the following morning it kicked back on. Additionally, reset all the adaptations which did not work either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts