BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 2012 335i x-drive coupe in a Le Mans Blue Metallic and I would like to do some things to it. It currently has the performance package, or M, for the wheels, the trim, and the steering wheel. It also has black kidney grilles.

Im looking to make the car look sick, so basically black out the wheels, put a defuser or spoiler (I don't really know the difference) on the trunk, and put caliper covers on or paint the calipers.

Im not really sure how to go about these things so any advice would be great! And if there are any other somewhat affordable things that I can do to the car Im open to suggestions.
Thanks!

· Registered
738 Posts
Cal...now you are talking! Man I hope they did not drill that trunk to hang that.....whatever it is....Osprey nest?

I can't wait for the black rim & red caliper fad to end....been too long.

$60k+ car and people still insist on keeping up with their neighbor's kid's Civic SI.....plasti-dip it lime green while you are at it.

· Hat's On, Tops Down!
1,408 Posts
The red caliper's do not look bad on some cars, it is those ugly covers that some people put on which make the car look so junky.

· Not Inherently Unreliable
466 Posts

LSD Wing Doors, not what most think of when you say add a LSD to your ride:

You gotta be kidding me. That looks like it would be a real chore to get in and out.

· Registered
738 Posts
They need to bring back fuzzy dice as well.

Don't forget the hood scoop held on with 3m tape. Hood gets warm, scoop winds up on highway crushed....awesome way to spend $100

· Not Inherently Unreliable
466 Posts
Dude! Motorized. Starting petition to require these, all cars using parking lots in California.
As a way to avoid door dings, I would fully support this. But as a 6'3" human being who already has to contort himself somewhat to enter an E93, the last thing I need is another obstruction to shimmy and limbo around. Although I do note that it's an E60 in the pic, so sedans may be different.

· Banned
10,511 Posts
As a way to avoid door dings, I would fully support this. But as a 6'3" human being who already has to contort himself somewhat to enter an E93, the last thing I need is another obstruction to shimmy and limbo around. Although I do note that it's an E60 in the pic, so sedans may be different.
See, that's where your E93 shines - removes egregiously small overhead restriction, most days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.