BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be receiving this car soon, and want to purchase some LEDs and HIDs before I get the car so that I can install them right away. I'm not sure about a few things:

1) Do the new 335's come with LEDs for the license plate lights?
2) Do they come with LEDs for the backup lights?
3) What type are the foglights (M-Sport Package)?
-I looked on sylvania.com and it said m-tech is H11, but the regular is H8. Does anyone know if it is indeed an H-11 or H-8?

Any and all of your help is much appreciated!!!

·
Random Helpbot
964 Posts
What type are the foglights (M-Sport Package)? - I looked on sylvania.com and it said m-tech is H11, but the regular is H8. Does anyone know if it is indeed an H-11 or H-8?
H11 (55W) bulbs with the M Sport package... http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=KF93&mospid=52127&btnr=63_0905&hg=63&fg=15

Just as a suggestion, Hoen xenonmatch foglight bulbs are a good match to the HID headlights... http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm. The foglight bulbs can be a challenge to replace, but there's some good information out there if you seach for it (e.g., in the E90Post DIY sticky).

The cornering lights are H3 if you're also interested in changing those out. PIAA makes a 4000K bulb that's a good match for the headlights, and I can confirm that it's an error-free replacement... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MG40QC

Cheers.

·
Here comes trouble!
8,356 Posts
Does anyone know about the foglights or if there are LED license plate and back up lights?
I believe the only LEDs on the E9X are the turn signal indicators (front and rear).

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I believe the only LEDs on the E9X are the turn signal indicators (front and rear).
Coupes and convertibles have completely different front and rear lighting than the sedans.

LED lights (LCI 2011+ coupe/vert):
Angel eyes (which look insane at DRL brightness), front and rear parking/running lights, front and rear turn signals, brake lights, license plate lights, exterior door handle puddle lights.

Halogen lights:
Inside cornering lights, front fog lights, rear fog lights/adaptive brake lights

Incandescent lights:
Side turn signal markers, backup lights

The LCI 2009+ sedan does not have LED brake lights (except for the CHMSL) or angel eyes. Without the bi-xenon option, 328i sedans do not have front LED turn signals or parking lights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jwac!!! Thank you!!! exactly what I suspected/was hoping for....getting me some HID Fogs and LED back up lights..I used to have an E46 330ci, then it was stolen, and found a week later...fixed, but to me wasn't the same...sold it, got a CTS...that was hit while parked after having it for 1.5 years....$16k and 5 months later, didn't drive right until the day i turned it in...time to come back to BMW...i'll have it any day now...thanks again!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
jwac!!! Thank you!!! exactly what I suspected/was hoping for....getting me some HID Fogs and LED back up lights
No problem, good luck with your purchase.

A note on back-up light LEDs- Someone else may have some experience with this, but the owner's manual explicitly states that the back-up lights are not user-serviceable and if they malfunction/need replacement that you have to visit a dealer. It is oddly the same language used with all of the LED lighting under their respective sections. For example, the front parking light LEDs are permanently attached to the headlight housing, so if they fail you essentially have to replace the entire unit.

This makes me think the back-up light bulbs are not easily replaceable. You may want to search around for what products are out there and how people have done it on a 2011+ E92/E93 before buying anything or attempting this retrofit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.