BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have BMW Platinum ESC coverage on my vehicle when the dealer discovered my engine needed to be replaced (drivetrain malfunction, low oil pressure, metal parts in engine, etc). After receiving the vehicle back a few months ago, I am still noticing shaking when I rev the car up. I don't remember this happening before.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

https://vimeo.com/305610962

The dealer says this is normal, and might go way after a longer "break in" period. My warranty ends in a couple days, would like to see if I should get this addressed now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any car with rubber or fluid engine mounts (which is basically all cars) will have some engine movement due to the torque effect of the engine speed changing rapidly or being put under load. It isn't a concern unless the movement is beyond what was designed, in which case the mounts may be bad or they didn't torque them correctly. I don't have a 528 so can't directly compare, but the video looks normal to me. There is some movement but does not look excessive. BTW, break in should have nothing to do with it, if anything there will be more movement as the car ages and the mounts age and rubber cracks over time.

If you are really concerned, look at some used 528 at the dealer and see how they compare. Also, if you noted the possible defect while in warranty, they can't deny the claim later if the warranty just expires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts