BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my surround sound suddenly stopped working. I feel nor hear any bass. I never touched my equalizer since I had the car for 3 years. The front speakers work but the left rear speaker isn't producing sound only the right rear and front of the vehicle speakers. I don't even want to drive the car anymore until I get it fixed. What could be the problem? And it isn't Harmon Kardon surround sound brand either. I'm assuming it's basic. I even went into setting and turned the bass all the way up and I still don't feel or hear any bass from the vehicle. What should I do? I don't have patience for 1-5 weeks repairs I need ideally 1-3 hour fix. Any one experience this problem before? I must add that my car was in impound for over 6 weeks just got it back yesterday.

· Premium Member
2023 G70; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,529 Posts
You might get a better response in the F01 forum.

· Registered
231 Posts
Hello, my surround sound suddenly stopped working. I feel nor hear any bass. I never touched my equalizer since I had the car for 3 years. The front speakers work but the left rear speaker isn't producing sound only the right rear and front of the vehicle speakers. I don't even want to drive the car anymore until I get it fixed. What could be the problem? And it isn't Harmon Kardon surround sound brand either. I'm assuming it's basic. I even went into setting and turned the bass all the way up and I still don't feel or hear any bass from the vehicle. What should I do? I don't have patience for 1-5 weeks repairs I need ideally 1-3 hour fix. Any one experience this problem before? I must add that my car was in impound for over 6 weeks just got it back yesterday.
The floor subs or the door speaker?

· Registered
1,124 Posts
if you want a quick fix start with inspection of the subs under seats. if impounded maybe someone removed them. trust me lots of things go missing when car in impound lots. plus if there are. that would be reason why not hearing lows from other speakers. i am not expert but just throwing out ideas for a quick MPC(MostProbableCause)
the other thing is disconnect battery and leave lights on.(so drain power from system completely) and then reconnect, this might reset your oem amp. sometime that would work when i lost sound to my E38 but on that occasion i lost all sound, worth the inspection.

· Registered
42 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread but wondering if this has happened to anyone? ive got a jl audio xd600 with technic harness wired to my car and all of a sudden the bass has gone. ive refitted the original amp and still the same. tested the speakers using insta and they all work as sounds comes out through all of them in test mode but no bass/tweeters when playing music

· Registered
42 Posts
sorry to bump an old thread but wondering if this has happened to anyone? ive got a jl audio xd600 with technic harness wired to my car and all of a sudden the bass has gone. ive refitted the original amp and still the same. tested the speakers using insta and they all work as sounds comes out through all of them in test mode but no bass/tweeters when playing music
just an update for future reference. althought it sounded like the sub were making noise during the test phase they weren't. replaced both subs with used ones and its working again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.