BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SWB3
282 Posts
You asked...

I think you will love the car and you haven't missed any of the options.

Two points I would suggest you consider:

1. Do you really want the long wheel base? I rarely have anyone in the backseat of mine and frankly unless you have very tall friends and relatives I don't think you will find the standard wheelbase unacceptable. I came out of a long wheel base S class and I think the extra length compromises handling, not a lot but a bit. Just a thought.

2. I have had a couple of vehicles with rear DVD entertainment packages, they were never used. Off course my kids are grown and therefore long drives with them in the back seat hitting each other, looking at each other, touching each other and every other thing they did to make me pull off the road and blow my top are long in my past. Again just a thought from my perspective.

Keep in mind that with the performance wheel and tire package you will want to consider a winter package of some sort. I put my summer's on a couple of weeks ago and this morning we had snow and after I drove 1,000 feet I turned around and took the suburban because I was an accident waiting to happen with those hard summer performance tires.

You have outfitted it right and my suggestions fit my needs yours may be different.:beerchug:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i appreciate your response. Living in NYC I have a driver part time so I am a passenger in the rear often. Hence the LWB and the rear entertainment. The rear entertainment is not so much for video but for being able to have complete control over the audio.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
It's funny you bring that up. I just took a job with new York presbitarian hospital in conjunction with the nj organ sharing network, so im constantly on call and I have access to a an Audi a8 fitted with strobes with a driver to get me from one point to another. Was awkward at first but having someone drive you around is something I can get used to. Especially in ny. I'm
Also saving gas and milage.

Being that it'll be your car the driver utilizes, your options are all on point. My 2 personal cars are the short wheel base however sitting i'n that Audi a8l with the leg room makes all the difference i'n the world.

What do you currently drive as you await your 2012 delivery?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats(!), but why dump your Individual for an M Sport, and why so quickly?
Actually BMW is doing an exchange of collateral because the 2011 was lemoned due to electrical problems. I know two lemons what are the chances? I have friends and associates who have f01, 7 series and I seem to be the only one with these obscure problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny you bring that up. I just took a job with new York presbitarian hospital in conjunction with the nj organ sharing network, so im constantly on call and I have access to a an Audi a8 fitted with strobes with a driver to get me from one point to another. Was awkward at first but having someone drive you around is something I can get used to. Especially in ny. I'm
Also saving gas and milage.

Being that it'll be your car the driver utilizes, your options are all on point. My 2 personal cars are the short wheel base however sitting i'n that Audi a8l with the leg room makes all the difference i'n the world.

What do you currently drive as you await your 2012 delivery?
Living in NYC this will be my only car i would say it is driven 50/50 me vs. driver, hence the msport which is obviously for my benefit. In NYC the only way to own a car is to be driven people dont understand that when you factor in the cost of manhattan parking garages having a driver isn't that much more expensive.

On a side note New York presbyterian is perhaps the best hospital in the world. My father was just a patient at the hospital to have 3/4 of a kidney removed. I truly believe a higher level of care doesn't exist.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
I think it's nice looking forward to such a wonderful thing! Congratulations!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Actually BMW is doing an exchange of collateral because the 2011 was lemoned due to electrical problems. I know two lemons what are the chances? I have friends and associates who have f01, 7 series and I seem to be the only one with these obscure problems.
Wow; from a 2010 M Sport to a 2011 Individual, and now to a 2012 M Sport! And, you haven't given up on the 7 in favor of an S550, A8L, or XJL yet? Also, why back to the M Sport; do you prefer the M Sport bumpers and wheels over the Individual interior and wheels?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow; from a 2010 M Sport to a 2011 Individual, and now to a 2012 M Sport! And, you haven't given up on the 7 in favor of an S550, A8L, or XJL yet? Also, why back to the M Sport; do you prefer the M Sport bumpers and wheels over the Individual interior and wheels?
The truth is even with the problems I have had I feel they are isolated. I have thought of all the cars you mentioned and have driven all but the xjl in my opinion the 7 series is still the best all around. the s550 has outdated tech and isnt a drivers car in my opinion, the a8 has the best tech and interior finish but looks like a blown up a6 with bland styling and doesnt perform like the bmw. The jaguar i just dont trust yet.

As far as msport vs individual both packages have great pluses. The paint on the individual is fantastic, that ruby black is stunning same goes for the woods, leathers, and alcantara headliner. With the msport i love the body moldings and most importantly the steering wheel if you wanted a heated wheel with individual they gave you that chicken **** base steering wheel. In the end the main reason I went to back to Msport was because I hat the individual last. Want to keep it fresh

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
The truth is even with the problems I have had I feel they are isolated. I have thought of all the cars you mentioned and have driven all but the xjl in my opinion the 7 series is still the best all around. the s550 has outdated tech and isnt a drivers car in my opinion, the a8 has the best tech and interior finish but looks like a blown up a6 with bland styling and doesnt perform like the bmw. The jaguar i just dont trust yet.

As far as msport vs individual both packages have great pluses. The paint on the individual is fantastic, that ruby black is stunning same goes for the woods, leathers, and alcantara headliner. With the msport i love the body moldings and most importantly the steering wheel if you wanted a heated wheel with individual they gave you that chicken **** base steering wheel. In the end the main reason I went to back to Msport was because I hat the individual last. Want to keep it fresh
Agreed, and best of luck going forward! Otherwise, I think the M Sport Steering Wheel is standard on all 2012's; so you'd be able to order an Individual with a heated M Sport Steering Wheel - in case you have any change of heart. ;)

·
SWB3
282 Posts
i appreciate your response. Living in NYC I have a driver part time so I am a passenger in the rear often. Hence the LWB and the rear entertainment. The rear entertainment is not so much for video but for being able to have complete control over the audio.
I had to chuckle to myself about how different my perspective is living in rural Minnesota, but I can sure appreciate your order considerations with that clarity.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok that's fine umm I see you ordered the car with 20s just in case you wanna change the look a bit I also have the rare hamann anniversary black rims for sell aswell

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
156 Posts
Graeboy
Nice choice and spec, I live on SI on the hill and think I passed you a few times. I agree with LWB and Rear Entertainment. I have had both LWB and SWB and feel you gain more with the LWB with style and comfort and ride than you do with the SWB with performance. Just my opinion. When I ordered my current LWB B7 the rear comfort seats eliminated the middle seat option which I thought was dumb. Although I rarely needed it the few times I do I would not order without it. Glad they made it full three seats again; I had rear power seats in two other 7ers and thought it was a great feature for rear passengers.
I see you did not order active cruise control; I did not either as I had it on my last car and never used it. I do regret not ordering it now for the collision avoidance system that it comes with. I would like to have the comfort of knowing that I can avoid slamming into something if I am distracted.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Graeboy
Nice choice and spec, I live on SI on the hill and think I passed you a few times. I agree with LWB and Rear Entertainment. I have had both LWB and SWB and feel you gain more with the LWB with style and comfort and ride than you do with the SWB with performance. Just my opinion. When I ordered my current LWB B7 the rear comfort seats eliminated the middle seat option which I thought was dumb. Although I rarely needed it the few times I do I would not order without it. Glad they made it full three seats again; I had rear power seats in two other 7ers and thought it was a great feature for rear passengers.
I see you did not order active cruise control; I did not either as I had it on my last car and never used it. I do regret not ordering it now for the collision avoidance system that it comes with. I would like to have the comfort of knowing that I can avoid slamming into something if I am distracted.
thanks. I like the active cruise and the pre collision warning. The only reason I didnt get it was because of the interference it causes with radar detectors. I do a custom radar detector and laser jammers in all my cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts