BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just completed a full engine rebuild on my 4.4 V8 and transmission is all working well except for shifting into park, reverse and forward gears all work well.

When I press P on the lever I can hear a clicking sound like it's trying to engage park.

Is this a faulty shift valve/solenoid, if so where can you get diagrams of the Transmission so I know which one to replace?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out, I like to think I know alot about the N63 now so if anyone has any questions let me see if I can help you too!

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
716 Posts
What scanner are you using?

Wife has the same car, I can poll the transmission for live data and see what it comes up with for solenoid values in mA most likely to compare.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Pull the mA readings on the transmission. Wife is off at work but tonight I can pull the same and compare.

Does xm stay in the last gear or shift to neutral and not lock info parking prawl ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pull the mA readings on the transmission. Wife is off at work but tonight I can pull the same and compare.

Does xm stay in the last gear or shift to neutral and not lock info parking prawl ?
Ok great thanks, i'll get that done and post!

Car shifts into neutral opening door or pressing P

·
Registered
716 Posts
So it tries to go to park but fails.

PS: o can't stand that "feature" of modern cars; (shift to P when open door) I often back up with the door cracked so I can actually see where I'm going so having the car shift to park is less than helpful.

Of course it doesn't bother to do that when a passenger opens their door just the driver's door.

You can use the auto H function to get parking brake until resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should add i'm replacing the brake cables for the E-Brake currently so the actuator is unplugged and one of those errors is likely attributable to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts