BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I just traded my 2006 750LI for a 2012 740I ( sep 2011 build). Does the car have "connected drive"? Can I access BMW Apps, if so how do I activate it and how do I access BMW connected, I have the iphone app installed, but I an getting a connection error. Do I need a subcription plan? If I sound confused, its because I am. Thanks. Joe

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Joe,

I have a September 2011 build 2012 740Li (my thoughts on the BMW Apps feature, etc. here: http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596058 ). I have both the BMW Apps and Connected Drive features working on my iPhone 4S.

I have the Media cradle for iPhone and it works perfectly for using all music, podcasts and video I have on my iPhone. Additionally, it gives me access to the "Office" function via iDrive, which shows my full iPhone address book, messages sent to the car via Google Maps, and nice display of calendar events stored on my iPhone. I chose BMW Apps at the time I ordered the car ($250 option). The iPhone app won't work unless your car had the BMW Apps option (option 6NR) installed at the factory.

Connected Drive requires BMW Assist. Have you activated BMW Assist? Once you've done so, you'll get access to the Google Search features via iDrive, News headlines via Bloomberg, local weather forecasts (with graphics) and a host of other capabilities.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Great write up. It appears I do not have the Web App option. I have the free "sos" service, but not the optional service, do I need that to acess the web apps, I'm still confused. Thanks Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.