BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Mine squeaks a little as well, bit not nearly as bad as yours. I assume it is the rubbery trim around the column which rubbing. Teflon spray lubricant may take care of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

Mine does this as well same year, same model, same car.

I'll try the whole telescoping in and out thing and see what happens when I get my car back from the shop. Assuming it doesn't need to stay there forever -_-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did try adjusting the steering wheel many times and observed for days, but the issue remained.

My ears tell me that the source should be somewhere in steering column (red circle), and I wonder if pop opening the column covers (blue arrows) and somewhat lubricate the mechanical parts would help. Anybody knows how to open the column covers safely (and hopefully conveniently)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did try adjusting the steering wheel many times and observed for days, but the issue remained.

My ears tell me that the source should be somewhere in steering column (red circle), and I wonder if pop opening the column covers (blue arrows) and somewhat lubricate the mechanical parts would help. Anybody knows how to open the column covers safely (and hopefully conveniently)?

Did you fixed ?
I have the same problem, please help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts