BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased this car back in March of 2014 (10K miles). The same day I bought the car, it broke down. Took it in to the shop, and it was the injectors. Dealership quickly replaced, and no problems. Fast forward to approx. Aug2015, I read about the N63 Customer Care Package, and take it in to the dealer to be serviced. The injectors, along with a few other things under the program were changed. On Oct 5, 2016 with 58K miles, the injectors failed again, and the dealer is trying to charge me $6,000 to replace. Am I just completely screwed here? I've literally emailed every single at BMW HQ, and plan to fight this for as long as I possibly can. This just seems to be wrong in my opinion. Does anyone have any advise?

Injectors has been replaced twice in 2 1/2 years. Now I'm out of warranty, they want to charge me.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Purchased this car back in March of 2014 (10K miles). The same day I bought the car, it broke down. Took it in to the shop, and it was the injectors. Dealership quickly replaced, and no problems. Fast forward to approx. Aug2015, I read about the N63 Customer Care Package, and take it in to the dealer to be serviced. The injectors, along with a few other things under the program were changed. On Oct 5, 2016 with 58K miles, the injectors failed again, and the dealer is trying to charge me $6,000 to replace. Am I just completely screwed here? I've literally emailed every single at BMW HQ, and plan to fight this for as long as I possibly can. This just seems to be wrong in my opinion. Does anyone have any advise?

Injectors has been replaced twice in 2 1/2 years. Now I'm out of warranty, they want to charge me.
Replace it yourself with remanufactured ones, not OEM. I suggest you do it soon as possible before it hydrolocks a piston/s.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-x-OEM-FUE...ash=item3f63251ef3:g:53oAAOSwnFZXWJLA&vxp=mtr

Usually they probably beefed up the weak points that the brand new ones have constantly been released without revision.

I bought a "refurbished" 5.1 klipsch promedia ultra and I kept reading how the amp kept breaking in a 1 to 2 years after being fixed. I had it for tons of years using it everyday and no problem. Still today it works.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 2010 bmw 750li with 65000 which I purchased in 2013 untill a week or so ago it was running great untill I received the Drive train malfunction light and the check engine light came on and I can feel the difference in the performance of the vehicle, I called bmw and made a appointment to bring it in and I advised them that I was aware of the the recall which the representative quickly told me that it wasn't a recall but a campaign lol. Have anyone else been aware if this situation that has to do with the N63 engines on the 2008-2012 bmws? If so please give me more info thank you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanx fellas I just dropped my car off at the bmw dealer the SA was very very cool and told me to tell him all that I was concerned about and that per CCP campaign they will go over them components of my car and make sure it's running as it was before or even better, he gave me a 2016 x3 even though I would of preferred a x5 but it's better then a Dodge Avenger from Enterprise, he said my car my take up untill the end of the week to get done,,, customer service was great there I will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE!!!
The dealership received approval through their BMW rep to offer me wholesale pricing of $1500.00 to have all the injectors replaced, so I paid for the repair. With that said, this was still unacceptable to me. So I opened a case with BMW, and emailed LITERALLY ever North American BMW executive I could find on the internet. I received a call back from someone in their executive office, and after speaking with them, and outlining my circumstances, BMWNA agreed to reimburse me the $1500 i paid for the injectors.

·
Registered
275 Posts
As far as I know, the part and labor is covered up to 24 month after their service meaning that injectors have been changed under CCP and then it failed a year after so it should be a free of charge. That what SA said when they replaced spark plugs. If it fails in 2 years, they would replace them for free.

·
former motorcycle rider
768 Posts
Hey OP, that's great news, I'm glad BMW came through for you. Too bad that it took such an effort to get them to do it though... for the money that we spend on these things, one would hope that they'd stand behind them just a little bit closer.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

For a 2012 MY, was your 4/50 warrant still active upon purchase in 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

For a 2012 MY, was your 4/50 warranty still active upon purchase in 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts