Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Go figure I get home let my car sit for about 1/2 hr. Just went out started it and all is checking out fine. I guess chock it up to Gremlins

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
A Diagnostic Trouble Code (that causes your dash light warning) does not indicate a specific broken part but does identify a symptom that may be caused by any number of failed components or adjustments to be differentiated among by execution of a BMW Test Plan© guide through the fault tree.

Consider that a broken wire near the VTG module may report as a TC actuator error.

·
Registered
679 Posts
How many miles? When was the last time you changed the transfer case fluid?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has 65800 miles around 106000 km I was thinking about a transfer case fluid change it is the first time any lights have come on I had the traction control light along with the 4X4! I was reading last night that others have had the same thing and when they took them in dealer said there were no codes and it could just have been low voltage of the alternator then the alternator tested out fine.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Www.NewTIS.info. Enter with your VIN-7. Search box ***8220;VTG***8221;. Text search that page for ***8220;wiring diagram***8221;. Click on the wiring diagram VTG component ID (probably top right near the schematic ***8216;VTG***8217; box) and that will bring up a list of links, the top one of which should be to an image of your location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts