BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am looking to purchase my first BMW X5d and had the following offer from my dealer. Any input on how I should negotiate going forward and if it is a good deal will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

> 2012 BMW X5 xDrive 35d
> Exterior: Titanium Silver Metallic
> Interior: Oyster Nevada Leather
> Trim: Dark bamboo wood trim
> Sport Activity Pkg (No ZAV)
> Cold Weather Package
> Premium Pkg
> 20" wheels w/perf tires (Must select: ZAP)
> Comfort access (included / no charge)
> Navigation system (included / no charge)
> = Total Sale Price: $56,999.00
+ Doc Fee: $129.00
+ DMV Fee: $79.00
+ Other Taxable Fees: $0.00
+ Sales Tax (8%): $4,559.92

The invoice price from Truecar.com (not sure if a good source) on this set up is $60395. MSRP is $64,995. After reading some of the excellent posts here, it sounds like the target price will be $60395 minus $4500 (eco credit) = $55,895. And then add $500-1000 on top of for dealer profit.

I don't qualify for drive event credit/loyalty/military :cry:

Please help with suggestion.

· Registered
1,096 Posts
Tips:
Price out your car on BMW config.
Take the invoice, add 500, subtract all credits applicable.
That's your final price, the best you can do.

Good luck!

· Registered
1,096 Posts
If you can try to get either loyalty and team USA for extra discounts. Finally it depends on how much ur willing to negotiate. I think they will accept ur original offer or plus $200.

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful tips. So my original offer of $56,000 is actually right on the dot ($500 profit to dealer). They countered with $57,000.
Even $1000 over for a diesel isnt bad...

· Registered
502 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful tips. So my original offer of $56,000 is actually right on the dot ($500 profit to dealer). They countered with $57,000.
So they're asking for $1500 in profit. A bit too much. You can counter with an offer of 56500 which would be $1000 of profit for them, very reasonable for a diesel, as mentioned above. Do you have other offers from other dealers? If not, get quotes from other dealers. You might do much better elsewhere and it will give you options and "teeth" to your negotiation with this dealer.

· Paran
3 Posts
Canadian trying to buy a BMW X5 in Portland

My brother-in law lives in Portland, Oregon. I live in Ontario, Canada. I am trying to get me BMW X5 for my 50th birthday next year. I think that Portland does not have a sales tax. Can I get him buy me one and pay him to get it cheaper?. I really want a BMW X5. Please assist with any information that any body may have. I would really appreciate. It is really expensive here in Canada.
Thanks.
Paran

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
My brother-in law lives in Portland, Oregon. I live in Ontario, Canada. I am trying to get me BMW X5 for my 50th birthday next year. I think that Portland does not have a sales tax. Can I get him buy me one and pay him to get it cheaper?. I really want a BMW X5. Please assist with any information that any body may have. I would really appreciate. It is really expensive here in Canada.
Thanks.
Paran
Common question from Canadians..how to buy cheaper here in the US. Youi should do a search.

Given that yoiu have a brother you MAY be at an advantage, this would be two transactions- he buys a new car, titles it in WA, then you buy a used X5 and import it into canada.

Critical issues: Will he pay a USE tax or other registration fee? Is it worth it?

Will you BMWNA warranty transfer? If there are any issues with this aspect of the deal, it would be a non-starter for me. Buying new and losing a warranty could be lethal..

BMW will do everything in their power to try and prevent this- they want you to buiy from a canadian dealer...so the critical question iis this: as a candaian, will I have a BMW warranty if I buy a use BMW in the US and import it to canada.

GL

A

· Registered
34 Posts
I don't know if you not qualifying for military is the same as you not qualifying for the USAA $2,500 discount. I'm getting that discount and I'm not in the military. My dad served as an officer during Vietnam, and that allowed me to be a USAA member and qualify for the $2,500 USAA credit.

I wish I had done the Olympic Drive event while it was in town a few months ago. BMW wasn't even on my radar. The X5 was especially not because I really couldn't justify spending the money. After going in to look at the X3 and seeing the bigger X5 on the floor, we really wanted the X5. Once I found out about the Eco Credit and the USAA credit and the fact that I could get it for $500 over invoice, I really had no choice but to buy it! ;) Getting over $11k off an X5 put it back into the price range of the X3. The "free" $7,000 in credit/rebates is an amazing thing. I only wish I had a couple more grand in other incentives too!

Bryan

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply. does anybody else have some experience on this?
Dude. Learn how to search.

If you expect people to answer YOU when you have in appropriately hijacked someone else's thread, you will be disappointed

· Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm BMW X5 3d

Well up untill now I wondered if I had gotten a good deal at my local dealer list price 66,145 sale price with the eco credit and including olympic and usaa Im at 55,610 thats with
metallic black
cinnamon interior
dark burl walnut
cold weather
comfort
3rd row
navigation

lease 36 month 10,000 miles $673 a month :thumbup:

$1297. outta pocket

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.