Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well cared-for 2012 X5 diesel, 87,400 miles, $13,900.
Black Sapphire Metallic ext / Nevada Cinnamon Brown leather, power seats w/lumbar, Cold Weather Package (heated front and rear seats, heated wheel), Premium Package (comfort access, rear view camera with top view, rear manual side window shades, 4-zone climate control, navigation system, universal garage door opener, interior compass mirror), Technology Package (high beam assistant, side view camera, head-up display), satellite radio, Premium Sound Package (Harman Kardon system with hard disk drive music storage), park distance control, newer tires (set of 4, Sept 2019) and brakes (front & rear, Feb 2020), no open recalls. Pictures available upon request and all service records available since my ownership. I also have an exclusionary extended warranty that runs through January 2021 and is transferable to the new buyer.

Build date: December 2011
Original in-service date: 1/27/2012
My purchase date: 8/16/2014

I bought this as a manufacturer buyback in August of 2014 with 33,022 on the odo. Why, you ask? Because based on the paperwork I received and the vehicle report from BMW, it had a lot of little things in the first year of private ownership (cosmetic issues, 2 key fob battery failures, etc.) but it seems that what triggered the California Lemon Law and voluntary buyback was a CEL, which was probably related to two failures of the DDE control unit and an issue with the EGR. BMW's warranty against the failure that triggered the lemon law coupled with the remainder of the BMW original warranty negated any concerns or problems that were going to arise from my perspective. All service during my ownership has been performed by either the BMW dealer or a local indy here in Atlanta.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts