BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· BMW Driver
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have decided to go with the diesel model! Now I am just working 3 different dealers as far as price goes. I would love some of the experts opinions on pricing.

The first deal I got is as follows:

X5Diesel

Space Grey/Sand Beige

No additional options.

36 month 10k

$1042 out of pocket
$729 a month

This price includes $750 loyalty and 4,500 Eco.

The selling price of the car is 52,900 including the above loyalty and eco credit.

What do you guys think of the first deal?

· Resident Curmudgeon
27,487 Posts
Looks like OVER MSRP!!!!.

Msrp is 57,595... Minus Eco and loyal of 5,250, is 52,345

So they are offering 600 over list.

Lemme guess, by 'working with' you mean you are emailing them.
. Good luck with that

Do you really not know what these cars should be selling at?!?

· BMW Driver
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The $750 BMW bank fee is included as well. So it looks like it comes out to a few hundred below MSRP which is very high. I was hoping someone could provide a goal to shoot for or what I should expect to end up paying.

· Registered
502 Posts
OP,

Always start with invoice, not MSRP. Your invoice is 52165 + 895 (destination) = 53060 minus 5250 (eco and loyalty) = 47810

When the X5d inventory was not as thin as it is now, it was very reasonable to give dealers a profit of about $500. I'm not sure what's a reasonable profit to offer now with X5ds being so scarce. Maybe others can chime in...

As for the 2013 X5d, we don't even know if and when they will be produced (read this thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637292), let alone if it will qualify for the eco credit.

· Registered
1,522 Posts
I think there will be ECO credit for X5d 2013 + other incentives as this will be the last year of production of E70

Also, does anyone know if the 2013 still qualifies for the ECO credit? It looks like I may miss out on the last of the 2012's from one of the CA's I spoke to unless I move today.

· BMW Driver
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here is the deal I ended up taking.

2012 X5D

Space Grey
Beige Interior
Dark Burl Walnut Wood

Navigation
Running Boards
Spare Tire

Selling Price including BMW Drive Event $49,580

36month 10k Lease

$627 a month
$989 due at signing

· Registered
259 Posts

2012 X5D

Space Grey
Beige Interior
Dark Burl Walnut Wood

Navigation
Running Boards
Spare Tire

36month 10k Lease

$627 a month
$989 due at signing
Your residual was 57% and MF .000145?
What was gross capitalized cost before Eco credit and Drive event coupon and loyalty of 750?.

· Registered
502 Posts

2012 X5D

Space Grey
Beige Interior
Dark Burl Walnut Wood

Navigation
Running Boards
Spare Tire

36month 10k Lease

$627 a month
$989 due at signing
So, your invoice (including destination) is 55200 minus 5250 (eco and loyalty) minus 1000 (BMW drive) = 48950. You paid 49580, leaving about 630 over cost for the dealer. Not bad at all. Much better than your first deal. Congrats!

· Registered
21 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am new to leasing (been buying and financing all of my cars up until recently) but I just got myself a 2012 X5 35D

36 Month Lease
12k Miles/mo
Premium Package
Soft Close Automatic Doors
Running Boards
3rd Row Seats
BMW Apps

with zero down and $607/mo

I don't plan on keeping the car after the lease is over, so I was wondering if this sounds like a good deal.

· Registered
5,715 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am new to leasing (been buying and financing all of my cars up until recently) but I just got myself a 2012 X5 35D

36 Month Lease
12k Miles/mo
Premium Package
Running Boards
3rd Row Seats
BMW Apps

I don't plan on keeping the car after the lease is over, so I was wondering if this sounds like a good deal.
Seems like a pretty solid deal. No NAV?

· Registered
21 Posts
Navigation, keyless entry, backup camera, etc are all a part of the premium package so the $607/mo includes everything.

Premium Package $3,500
***8226;Comfort Access keyless entry
***8226;Voice-command
***8226;4-zone automatic climate control
***8226;Interior mirror with compass
***8226;Real Time Traffic Information
***8226;Navigation system
***8226;Universal garage-door opener
***8226;Rear manual side window shades
***8226;Rear View Camera with Top View
***8226;Online Information Services

· Registered
5,715 Posts
Navigation, keyless entry, backup camera, etc are all a part of the premium package so the $607/mo includes everything.

Premium Package $3,500
•Comfort Access keyless entry
•Voice-command
•4-zone automatic climate control
•Interior mirror with compass
•Real Time Traffic Information
•Navigation system
•Universal garage-door opener
•Rear manual side window shades
•Rear View Camera with Top View
•Online Information Services
Seems like a very good deal then! In 2011, I had to get ZTP to get NAV and such.

· Registered
21 Posts
Awesome, glad to hear that!

As I said, I've never leased anything before but this is the second car I got though my brokers within a month the first one being a G37X for my wife with a premium package and other options with zero down and $250/mo (18m lease with 10k miles). Not too shabby for a $42k+ car.

In any case, thank you for the information!

· Registered
5,715 Posts
As I said, I've never leased anything before but this is the second car I got though my brokers within a month the first one being a G37X for my wife with a premium package and other options with zero down and $250/mo (18m lease with 10k miles). Not too shabby for a $42k+ car.

In any case, thank you for the information!
The leases on the G37x are fantastic. I was looking around just for kicks, but it was very hard to find a loaded one with AWD around here in the color I want, so I gave up :rofl:

· Registered
502 Posts
Hello everyone!

36 Month Lease
12k Miles/mo
Premium Package
Running Boards
3rd Row Seats
BMW Apps

I'm assuming you got eco and loyalty discounts. Anything else (BMW drive event etc.)?

· Registered
21 Posts
I guess I got lucky. We found exactly what my wife wanted. The prices are/were great. The base was going for $199/mo with zero down and it's a VERY fun car to drive. Terrible on the gas though. I think I could get an RV with a better gas mileage.

Still with an 18 mo lease it's worth it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.