BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John and Folks, I live in a small town in central illinois with sole bmw dealer at wanted your opinion on a 2012 X5d lease

2012 BMW X5d with premium , cold weather and bmw apps
MSRP 63,695
Discounted price 56,050 including 750 loyalty cash and 4500 eco drive credit

The lease figures are based on just paying first payment at lease inception; all fees: tax, title, registration, etc is rolled into the lease payment. Your payment for a 36 month lease with a money factor of .00145 and: 15,000 mile residual of 54% is $898 or 12,000 mile residual of 56% is $865

I am not getting the same rate using John's paper and pencil calculator. I would very much appreciate any feedback on whether this is a good purchase on the MF and residuals.

Thanks,
RS.

· Bimmerfest Founder
18,743 Posts
John and Folks, I live in a small town in central illinois with sole bmw dealer at wanted your opinion on a 2012 X5d lease

2012 BMW X5d with premium , cold weather and bmw apps
MSRP 63,695
Discounted price 56,050 including 750 loyalty cash and 4500 eco drive credit

The lease figures are based on just paying first payment at lease inception; all fees: tax, title, registration, etc is rolled into the lease payment. Your payment for a 36 month lease with a money factor of .00145 and: 15,000 mile residual of 54% is $898 or 12,000 mile residual of 56% is $865

I am not getting the same rate using John's paper and pencil calculator. I would very much appreciate any feedback on whether this is a good purchase on the MF and residuals.

Thanks,
RS.
This is what I recommend: any reputable dealer should have no problem providing you with a computerized disclosure of the math used to calculate the lease. This is much simpler than trying to reverse-engineer a deal with unknown variables (like trying to solve for both X and Y). When you have the disclosure you simply analyze the deal -- paying particular attention to cap cost (where is it relative to invoice and taking into consideration the eco-credit). The money factor and residual are fine, the question is how much gross profit is the dealer trying to hold, and is that reasonable?

:dunno:

· Registered
773 Posts
If Peoria, they were one of the worst in terms of price quotes I got when I was shopping around. I think too many Cat suits are lining their pockets with cash instead of driving harder bargains.

Jay

· Happily Driving
7,507 Posts
Is it impossible to go shop the Chicago market for BMW's? Why do you have to get your car from the lone dealer in Peoria?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.