BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 has been a big year for my 2012 X5d. She has 113200km now and has been fairly reliable since I bought her brand new 6 years ago.

This year I've done the following;
EGR, DPF, SCR, Urea Tanks Delete & JR Stage 2.8 Tune
Water Pump & Thermostat
Blower Motor Housing
Charcoal Cabin Filter
Air Filter
Brake Fluid
Front & Rear Differential Fluids
Transfer Case Fluid
Fuel Filter
Drivers Air Bag Recall
Oil & Filter Change
Transmission Fluid & Seal Service
Coolant Flush
CCV Intake Hose
Fluidampr Harminic Balacer, Serpintine & AC Belt
MAF Sensor
Phone Cradle Delete
Powder Coat & Sand Blast Wheels
Vacuum Line and Electronic Vavle
Swirl Flap Delete
Alignment

https://youtu.be/FCI7GiCqzOU

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
With the ABC delete and maintenance it should last forever.
Curious about some of these things: the delete, cooling parts, vacuum parts, CCV, and harmonic balancer - all preventive, causing issues, or 'while you're there'?

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the ABC delete and maintenance it should last forever.
Curious about some of these things: the delete, cooling parts, vacuum parts, CCV, and harmonic balancer - all preventive, causing issues, or 'while you're there'?
Emissions were deleted as preventive. Funny thing is the EGR cooler spring threw a code while I was driving to the shop to have the tune flashed. Perfect timing!

Coolant was flushed since I had to drain it to remove both EGR coolers.

CCV hose was cracked and replaced it with AARod's replacement
http://www.tunemyeuro.com/ccv-hose-for-bmw-diesel-3-0l-engine-m57-x5-35d-and-335d/

Vacuum lines preventive. They looked in good shape from the top but some were pretty burnt from underneath. 1 electronic valve wasn't holding vacuum so I replaced it with the one I took of the EGR cooler. 2 Pressure converters were checked and they were operating within spec. I removed the 3rd pressure converter that controlled the LP EGR

The AC belt started squealing so instead of replacing just that, I thought I might as well replace the serpentine belt and the HB

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
I have to say it is quite impressive the work you have done to this car. I could not do a delete due to the yearly smog check here and one of the reasons I went with this car is the 'clean' aspect of it.
I should have checked the video on that CCV hose earlier. I replaced my air filter yesterday so could have checked on it while I had the one end disassembled.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is my wish list for my 35d!!! Nice. I will be replacing glow plugs due to an error for plugs 5 and 6. I was thinking of deleting the EGR, changing the thermostat and deleting the swirl flaps while there. If I delete the EGR and put in a race pipe, will i have any issues other than a cel? I want to save the tune for the big delete of the DPF.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh man that sounds so bad ass. We need more, longer videos of you reving and driving by.
Hows the black smoke when you get on it?

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,822 Posts
Liking the LEDs. Which brand/supplier? Also same question for the floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wow, to be in your position and be able to delete it all!!

So how does it perform? You liking all the mods so far? The exhaust note is not what I expected to hear, but I like it. What does it sounds like from inside the cabin?

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The rears are a PITA. There is a metal frame around the headliner cut out and the housing for the light. I had to stick a screw driver to hit the metal clip. Im guessing you are hitting the metal frame around the headliner and not the metal clip on the housing. If you can't figure it out, I can try drawing a diagram to help you visualize it tonight.

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is when water is allowed to drain down onto the engine from the weather seal correct? Sorry to hear about that in any case!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes.
Check yours for cracks between the vertical lip and where it joins the base that attaches it to the firewall.
It’s relatively cheap ($100+ dollars) compared to the cost to replace injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 20 of 116 Posts