Bimmerfest BMW banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
You have been running different tunes?
So I could run those tunes with my Rawtek setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey Sunny,
Can you give me info on BRR?
The place I thought it was and sent an email to in in Belgium. I’m guessing that’s wrong. Nice guys though.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
bmw addiction
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Lowered the X5d with B8 shocks & Eibach springs up front and via ISTA with B4 shocks in rear

The ride quality is a little stiffer (not bouncy) now with much less body roll on curvy mountain roads. The other thing is the steering wheel feels slightly heavier. I'm wondering how the ride would change if I went with B4's all the way around

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ooofff! Heavier steering? Our X5 is hands down the heaviest steering I've ever had. I wouldn't want it any heavier!

But the stance does look great!

·
2010 BMW X5 35d
118 Posts
Sunny-INFO Needed Please

Sunny, this is Jim in TN and I have 2 BMW X5 35ds with the JR 2.8 tune. I "THINK" I really like them and so far, do not think I have had any drivability issues, (NO warnings or CEL lights ever) And Power feels Great and Fuel Mileage is very good. Could you give me an up-date as since you have driven so many more miles with the JR 2.8 tune? You can help me watch for any drivability problems. I have been a total of about 5000 miles with the JR 2.8 tune.
And the Tune you have now, the BRR Tune, could you send me info on it and how to get in touch with them? If you tell me it is superior to what I have now, I would really like to try it too. Can you give a few examples where you really feel the difference in power or drivability?

THANKs in advance for your help! Jim
931-580-8804 text or call
[email protected] e-mail

·
bmw addiction
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Vacuum pump gaskets were leaking so replaced them

You can see the rubber gasket has shrunk in size and it's flat with the housing. No wonder they were leaking

And all cleaned up

Changed the power steering fluid and filter

old fluid

The original filter in the reservoir at 145,000km wasn't all that dirty

Installed ATM's ASV hose before the factory one gave out in the mountains on a long road trip

Replaced the gaskets that seal the inner taillights before water corroded the electrical connectors on the rear

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Looks good indeed. You’re making me miss mine.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
2010 BMW X5 35d
118 Posts
XDelete and Tunes

Sunny, when you can, will you give us an up-date on the XDrive Delete and the Tunes you think are best since you have experiences with them now. THANK YOU so much for your other up-dates and ideas! Jim in TN

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey sunny, as always love the inspo pics of your x5d. i currently also have oil seeping from my vacuum pump somewhere, guessing like many others it's also the internal gasket and not "just" the seal to the engine. where did you source the internal gasket from, though? seems to be very hard to locate except via european ebay for european m57s... thx!

81 - 100 of 110 Posts