Bimmerfest BMW banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
How did you diagnose the vacuum pump leak? Oddly enough, our X5d seems to surge and change speed slghtly when driving along at idle speeds, as in neighborhoods etc. Curious to know if I have a vacuum leak. My TDI jSW is doing it far worse, even stumbling at times.

·
bmw addiction
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
How did you diagnose the vacuum pump leak? Oddly enough, our X5d seems to surge and change speed slghtly when driving along at idle speeds, as in neighborhoods etc. Curious to know if I have a vacuum leak. My TDI jSW is doing it far worse, even stumbling at times.
check out my youtube channel. my buddy and I have made a bunch of videos showing how to test the vacuum system
https://www.youtube.com/user/alphadevyat/videos

hey sunny, as always love the inspo pics of your x5d. i currently also have oil seeping from my vacuum pump somewhere, guessing like many others it's also the internal gasket and not "just" the seal to the engine. where did you source the internal gasket from, though? seems to be very hard to locate except via european ebay for european m57s... thx!
DUDMD started selling the gaskets as a kit
https://www.dudmd.net/collections/x5-e70-2006-2013/products/m57-vacuum-pump-o-ring-set

depending on your milage might be a good idea to do the VCG as the pump in my x5 started leaking after.

Wait Fredo. I'm missing something. When did you get rid of your d?
he got rid of it a while ago

Sunny, when you can, will you give us an up-date on the XDrive Delete and the Tunes you think are best since you have experiences with them now. THANK YOU so much for your other up-dates and ideas! Jim in TN
I actually went back to xdrive because with all the power I'm making with the tune I don't want to stress out the rear diff anymore than I have to.

View attachment 899867
A Deer decided to jump my X5 on Sunday, it didn’t quite make it over. It survived though.
[/url]
ouch!!! might be cheaper to replace the door on your own than go through insurance?

Looks good indeed. You’re making me miss mine.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
Thanks FredoinSF. Honestly I love this thing. it has hydraulic steering, tons of power and all the tech I want with the android headhunt I installed a while ago. blind spot monitors would be nice though

·
Registered
8 Posts
DUDMD started selling the gaskets as a kit
https://www.dudmd.net/collections/x5-e70-2006-2013/products/m57-vacuum-pump-o-ring-set

depending on your milage might be a good idea to do the VCG as the pump in my x5 started leaking after.
yeah, i'm working up the courage to tackle aarod's 100k mile service kit. seems like basically every gasket and seal in the engine needs it at this age (157k km). think using an injector puller on #6 is possible without the nifty offset bracket you guys had?

·
bmw addiction
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
You shouldn't need an offset bracket if you don't have any water ingress on the injectors.... I'll be in Calgary in a couple weeks so you can pay me to do the services hahahaha

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you charge anything near what all the shops here charge (indies included) then i'd better start saving up now ;)

i'm also getting the faint exhaust smell on cold morning startups, was suspecting something around the turbos but lately saw a few threads elsewhere mentioning injector seals. did your vcg job (which i assume included refreshing the injector seals) fix that issue in your case?

·
bmw addiction
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
If I didn't work on my own x5 i probably would have sold it by now. Next project is replacing front control and tension arms and if I have enough time rear H arm bushings.
If you are getting exhaust fumes in the cabin I would check the EMP sensor tube and make sure it's not clogged. Break the banjo bolt on a hot motor and don't over tighten when installing

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I didn't work on my own x5 i probably would have sold it by now. Next project is replacing front control and tension arms and if I have enough time rear H arm bushings.
If you are getting exhaust fumes in the cabin I would check the EMP sensor tube and make sure it's not clogged. Break the banjo bolt on a hot motor and don't over tighten when installing
Heh, I'm also gonna need to do some suspension work soon... thanks for the tip on the EMP sensor tube, hadn't come across that. Appreciate the advice on not breaking the banjo like bluedragon did a couple years back :)

101 - 110 of 110 Posts