BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys I have the LED rear lights but at the front I have the yellow DRL halo rings and not the newer LCI ones. I think it was an option on my model.

What can I do? An aftermarket guy said they can't be changed as the light is sealed

My model is 2012 x6 40d

·
Finally a believer
109 Posts
changed ours last spring. luxangeleyes.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I heard as its a 2012 model Bmw can do the job as its the newer headlight is that true?

·
Finally a believer
109 Posts
We have a 2012 X6 and the bulbs fit perfectly

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which ones exactly did u get? I saw on eBay 80w Cree Angel lights LED (H8) bulbs, which are better?

Also can I just fit them myself ?

·
Finally a believer
109 Posts
It was the H8 bulbs. You may be able to pick up cheaper stuff thru ebay, but remember what they say. "You get what you paid for".

Yeah, you can do this yourself, but you will cut up your hands a bit. If you have big mitts (I don't), then you may need stitches LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just ordered them from the states but now realised I could have ordered from a uk supplier ...

·
Registered
238 Posts
They won't look exactly like OEM because those are dedicated LED rings, all this does is change the bulb that is originally a halogen into an LED. There's been numerous topics regarding this on the forums, just search it. The inside ring will always be brighter than the outer ring and you only get two bulbs, one for each side. I suggest you don't buy the eBay China stuff and instead of for the better quality stuff, albeit pricier. You gotta pay if you wanna play . I suggest the LUX H8 160's, that's what I currently have in my E70 and they look great.

Cheers,
G.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Have ordered the LUX H8 160 lights. As long as they are white I will be happy. Once I change them they will still work as DRL I assume?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks guys. Have ordered the LUX H8 160 lights. As long as they are white I will be happy. Once I change them they will still work as DRL I assume?
Yes, all you're doing is changing the bulb, they will behave exactly like OEM DRLs, with the only difference being the change in light colour.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks mate. It's a shame as on my rear I have the newer LED lights. I think the first owner had an option to have the newer LCI Lights

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not a problem, and I like the X6 LCI LED tails, much better than the old ones. I believe the LED headlights were like a $1800 option, I know you can buy the actual LED lamp set for around $5000 USD but not worth it at all when $200 for bulbs gets the job done.

·
Finally a believer
109 Posts

Why on earth this is the only pic I have is beyond me. I know I took pics of just the DRL's lit up in order to show them to the wifey.

Sorry, best I can do, but the G Nagra is right. The rings aren't quite as distinguished as the OEM LEDs, but damn close enuf for me.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Why on earth this is the only pic I have is beyond me. I know I took pics of just the DRL's lit up in order to show them to the wifey.

Sorry, best I can do, but the G Nagra is right. The rings aren't quite as distinguished as the OEM LEDs, but damn close enuf for me.
Love the colour of your E71 looks clean

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes nice colour. My mrs wanted that colour but couldn't find one so ended up with sapphire black

·
Finally a believer
109 Posts
Black is black, you can't beat that colour. But after owning a black truck, I swore never again. Too much work for my lazy arse LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts