BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a CPO 2013 5.0 x5 (with a few months left on the original warranty). The car has about 25K miles on it. Occasionally, when I put the car in reverse I get a jerking sensation before I hit the gas. It goes away after a few seconds, but I am afraid to release the brakes for fear of it getting away from me. This has only happened to me approximately 5 times since buying the car about 6 months ago.

Of course I am going to ask about it when I take it in for service in a few weeks, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this "issue".

Thanks!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,330 Posts
I would encourage you to do three things:

1. Develop a much more concise description of this behavour to be able to communicate it to a tech, and to have some 'actionable' complaint. Are the RPMs up? Does the car jerk at first, then strain against the brakes? Words matter. Be concise it will help get to a possible resolution

2. Assuming you get to #1, make sure this is written down ON THE WORK ORDER PRECISELY AS YOU DESIRE. You can talk all you want to the smarmy SA at the desk, the tech only gets to see what is typed into the computer. Remember the work order is suppose to be YOUR COMPLAINT. Insist it reflect what you want.

3. Consider getting a video clip of this. Every time you go to put it in reverse for a week or two, start up the video. Verbally describe what happens. I have seen a video clip be THE thing that leads to action...too often you just get "no problems found, could not replicate"

GL

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am the owner of a CPO 2013 5.0 x5 (with a few months left on the original warranty). The car has about 25K miles on it. Occasionally, when I put the car in reverse I get a jerking sensation before I hit the gas. It goes away after a few seconds, but I am afraid to release the brakes for fear of it getting away from me. This has only happened to me approximately 5 times since buying the car about 6 months ago.

Of course I am going to ask about it when I take it in for service in a few weeks, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this "issue".

Thanks!
There is a SIB on this - dealer should know about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts