BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 550GT no updated engine?

3407 8
My local dealer confirmed with BMW corporate today that the new 2013 550GT models will not have the new 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo V-8, 32-valve 445-hp engine (Double-VANOS and Valvetronic) ! :cry: As BMW has been slow to update their USA website no information is available to confirm this madness. The curious part is the UK BMW website notes a 2013 550iSE GT petrol version with 449 max hp. Can any anyone provide some real insight as my confidence in BMW corporate is waning?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Not sure when the mid-cycle refresh is planned for the GT, but my guess is new engine choices may not become available until then.
2013 550i GT Engine

I recently received my 2013 550i xDrive GT:
The information on my car indicates the following:
Engine: N63T
Displacement 4.40
Power 330 - which translates from Kilowatts to 445 horsepower.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.
Pistachio,
Thank you for answering what BMW NA answered incorrectly! It is a sad state of affairs when information like this can not be articulated by the manufacturer.
2013 550i GT Engine

The information I provided regarding this engine was verified by submitting my VIN to obtain a total description of my car, its features, and options. It all correlated quite accurately.
From a very helpful post on another thread, if you go to www.bmwvin.com you will be able to input the last 7 characters of tour VIN and receive back an exact listing if what is in your car. Then e-mail it to yourself for reference. I did this for my wife's 335 xi and my 535 GT xi.
2013 550i GT Engine

From a very helpful post on another thread, if you go to www.bmwvin.com you will be able to input the last 7 characters of tour VIN and receive back an exact listing if what is in your car. Then e-mail it to yourself for reference. I did this for my wife's 335 xi and my 535 GT xi.
That's exactly what I did to obtain the car's specifications.
My error. I thought you might have had it done by the dealer.
2013 550i GT Engine

My error. I thought you might have had it done by the dealer.
No apology necessary.
Thank you for reminding us of this useful site.
It's important to clarify the source of the information for purposes of accuracy.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.