BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat that you are. My 650i finished production earlier that same week, but the BMW phone number says the car is still awaiting transport to the states. Very frustrating.

· Registered
1,219 Posts
They don't pick the new arrivals up everyday. :cry:

You could be waiting for a transport 3 or 4 days max. :mad::mad:

· Registered
562 Posts
The phone report is usually a little late. Your dealer will be able to tell you the name of the boat your car is on. You can track the boat with a number of sites on the web but the best I know of is Marine Traffic. Boats for all parts of the world leave Bremerhaven daily. However, only one or two a week leave for the East Coast of the US and it seems like lesser number to the West Coast of the US.

· Registered
562 Posts
I've been checking on WW shipping website with my VIN but there's still no record. NM650DB, let me know if you see any movement on yours. have you checked https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage using your VIN for cargo ID yet?

I'm not sure how far the port is away but I've been out of prod for 11 days..
Don't assume your vehicle is on WW. A number of different lines service the East Coast and Texas. Your dealer will know the boat it's on. My guess it is already on a boat and no customer focused system is yet updated.

If you talk to a customer rep at BMW they will tell you once a car is at the port they lose visibility of the car on their system. Part of that is there maybe a change of ownership at the dock to the dealer (I'm guessing here) and the car becomes the dealer's responsibility at point.

· Registered
73 Posts
Called my dealership today, and they had more up-to-date info than BMW did. My car left Germany on the 10th and is due to arrive in CA on September 4th. Production was completed on my car on August 2nd. I should see the car in about a month!

· Registered
73 Posts
I'm pretty sure my car is on the WW Oberon. Here's where the ship is now:

· Registered
562 Posts
If you want to make sure your car is on the Oberon you can get your serial number from the dealer, which he has already, you can actually plug it in to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site and see which ship its on. However your dealer have the name of the boat its on. He just has to look on his computer at the Vehicle Inquiry:Status. Halfway down the screen it list the vessel, voyage number, etc... Just so you know WW is not the typical carrier for California bound cars but it is not unheard of to have cars on WW. It is usually NYK that ferries car from Germany to California.

· Registered
73 Posts
If you want to make sure your car is on the Oberon you can get your serial number from the dealer, which he has already, you can actually plug it in to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site and see which ship its on.
I confirmed that it's on the boat. Thanks for the tip.

· Registered
1,219 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Just updated my sig with a description of my car.

· Registered
146 Posts
We are doing an ED in 3 weeks on a mineral white 650xi vert. I wish I had got the adaptive drive. By the time I got my head out of my A-- it was too late
I have a 2012 650i without active roll stabilization (ARS) and I think the car handles great. Had (ARS) on my 2011 x5 m-sport and 2008 550i m-sport...both cars handled great with (ARS). I have no scientific or track experience to say (ARS) would improve the 650 or not. My opinion is...on this car it's an option that can be left out. The dynamic damping control settings definitely make a difference and improve the ride as needed. You are going to love your car:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.