BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with a 2013-14 B8 Audi allroad?

I'm considering replacing my beloved MT E61 for a new wagon and since I've owned and love Audi's in the past, I'm thinking of going back (at least until the XF Sportbrake's price comes down).

Has anyone here owned a 2013+ allroad? I know the interiors are nice the drivetrain a bit light but more than anything, I want reliability. Any insight would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I recently went through the same dilemma. the 2014-2015 Audi Allroad was my third choice. First was the Buick Regal TourX...go drive it, it drives well and very quiet, it had the advantage of being new with full warranty and it is beautiful (although I was never convinced of the plastic cladding and the American brand...but it is a European made vehicle). My second choice was a diesel 328D wagon, but I had to sacrifice cargo space. Then the Audi.

I was only looking at full body paint models with B&O sound system, you can find a 2015 with mid-mileage (40-50k miles) for $32-34K with CPO. That gives you a piece of mind with reliability/long term usage.

As mentioned before, take a look at the Buick TourX. There's even a tune for that engine too, so there's some hope.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buick, really?? Haha....you sound like my father-in-law!

The sad thing is I don't really want to spend more than $20K as I have a few things tied up and need to get rid of/fix a totally busted 2004 Touareg (talk about throwing money away). So in that price range, I'm seeing ~60-70K 2013-14 allroads and from what I've read, they are pretty reliable. And as much as I like the newer 3-series, as you mentioned, they are tiny, especially the rear seat (I have two kids under 7 and a large dog) so that's really a deal breaker.

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Had to replace my GF s written off 2006 Avant Quattro 3.2 after she hit a deer. Heart breaking because it was so much fun to drive. We did a number of test drives on quite a few wagons: Audi, Volvo, Subaru, BMW E91 and ended up buying an Infiniti EX35 which believe it or not, she can put her mountain bike inside without having to take off the wheels. The only knocks against the Infiniti is the automatic transmission and it's a bit of fuel pig but otherwise, comfortable and the price was right.

·
Under the lift arms
12,957 Posts
Im a wagon head to, the allroad is a good car, While i dont have much experience with the newer ones.. the older ones.. where a PITA in comparison

Me being more familiar with BMW over audi.. (having been thrown more bmw jobs then Audi) I never enjoyed wrenching on audi and VW much..
Id much rather work on BMW and benz

the 06 avant was a tank

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I've owned older Audi's and surprisingly, the B7 A4, with the 2.0 was pretty easy to work on. I'm praying a 2014 allroad has less issues than the E61.

·
Registered
157 Posts
oil consumption

before buying my 2010 e61 535i, I was considering audi and ran across an oil consumption warranty tug of war in another message board. This halted me as I wanted more info and I was so familiar with the inline 6 from my e39. My son-in-law had an A4 who was also going through oil consumption issues and based in a long thread from this other board (I would name it but cannot remember at this tiime), got Audi to put new rings in the engine.
I was really craving the A6 wagon which ended in 2011.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts