Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to here so please dont jump on me to hard . but i just bought one of the 2013 328i that has no usbs or bluetooths that i know of. is there any way i can access my x drive ?? like a diagnostic usb somewhere that i dont know about ?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
i am new to here so please dont jump on me to hard . but i just bought one of the 2013 328i that has no usbs or bluetooths that i know of. is there any way i can access my x drive ?? like a diagnostic usb somewhere that i dont know about ?
No.

You have no harddrive, that would have been part of the Combox which your car is not equipped with. It's not just an issue of a missing USB and BT, it's the combox unit.

I went as far as discussing it with BMW NA and they talked to their engineers about retro-fitting it and it's a bit too involved.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
so can i even add sat radio to this car ?? how bad is it that there is no hard drive ?
Yes, Sat radio is no problem.

You need to purchase the FSC code which through BMW is about $375. That will include a year of Sirius.

Not having a hard drive does not bother me, I listen to mainly Sirius. You can also connect an Ipod through the AUX input, but it's functions and controls are very basic/poor.

·
Registered
300 Posts
USB should be standard. It's under center arm rest.
Bluetooth for phone calls is also standard (you cannot stream music without "enhanced bluetooth").

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
USB should be standard. It's under center arm rest.
Bluetooth for phone calls is also standard (you cannot stream music without "enhanced bluetooth").
Careful, this is not the typical situation.

Some July 12 build 328's were built without BT/USB. BMW offered a small $500 credit on the window sticker, but it also allowed people who ordered the ability to walk from taking delivery.

It is how I negotiated my car at the price I did. I took over a declined delivery from a friend.

I hate BT in cars, I try and focus on driving. He on the other hand needed BT for work. So I cancelled my first build for a base car that was dragging and got this MSport for LESS.

·
Vendor
8,176 Posts
Please contact forum vendor BimmerTech for details on how to retrofit the OEM USB/Bluetooth module and pricing.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Please contact forum vendor BimmerTech for details on how to retrofit the OEM USB/Bluetooth module and pricing.
LOL, I sent him that info in the PM.

The Combox retro-fit is cost prohibitive, the parts are not so bad, it's the labor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is an aftermarket head unit that adds GPSNAV, USB and HD video to an F30.

http://www.dvdgpsnav.com/bmw-3-series-f30-gps-navigation-system-bmw-f30-head-unit.html

Does anyone have experience with this vendor?
I had this model for about 4 months on my 2013 f30. I liked it very much. The BT speaker phone was easy to use and sounded good. USB/iPod/SD are all works well. The GPS Navigation was easy. The main reason why I purchased this was because I wanted to use my Ipod to listen to music, rather than burn so many CDs every few weeks, and I would love to add GPSNAV system...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts