BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2013 X3 Floor Mats - Any suggestions?

4113 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  steined
I am planning to get 3rd party floor mats and wondering what others are doing. I am looking at rubber mats like this and this. Any other recommendations?

It seems the these are not available for 2013 X3 yet. Does anyone know if 2012 X3 front mats would fit 2013 X3 as well? Thanks.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I tried 3rd Party Mats, but the Driver pedal and foot rest positions limits my choices to the BMW or Weather Tech, both were about the same overpriced design.
Anything that fits the 2011 and 2012 will fit the 2013 model year. 2011 is when the updated design came out and nothing big has changed since then.
The day after picking up my 2013 X3 I went back to the dealership to order the BMW All-Weather floor mats and they fit fine. Don't know if they are related to a model year or not, but whatever I was sold fit like a glove.
Weathertech's are not overpriced. I love them. Have them in all 3 of my cars. That being said, the X3 passenger side has no retention provisions and in the X3 passenger it tends to migrate up the footwell. Never had that problem before. I'd still buy them again.
Thanks, I'll try one of the 2012 models since there is no change in interiors, I'd expect them to fit well.
Floor mats con't

I always purchase the OEM rubber mats and then also purchase weather tech as i tend to use the latter in winter. I have the weahtertech mats in the back of my 2011 X3 3.5 but i had to take the fron ones out because as mentioned they slide forward. I did try using heavy duty velco strips which helped but frankly the OEM rubber mats just fit that front wheel well better and do not ride up against the accelerator pedal.
I have no problems with the drivers side. Their included retention mechanism is great on the drivers side. Why they didn't put it on the passenger side is beyond me and really makes me question future purchases without a little research first. I used to just trust them blindly. Saving a few $$$ for no retention on the passenger side was silly on Weathertech's part!
I always purchase the OEM rubber mats and then also purchase weather tech as i tend to use the latter in winter. I have the weahtertech mats in the back of my 2011 X3 3.5 but i had to take the fron ones out because as mentioned they slide forward. I did try using heavy duty velco strips which helped but frankly the OEM rubber mats just fit that front wheel well better and do not ride up against the accelerator pedal.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.