BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just bought a used 2013 BMW X6 (yay!). I love it and it drives awesome.

Only problem that I am having is the stereo keeps cutting out every few seconds. It happens with the FM radio and Bluetooth radio. It cuts out for about 1/2 a second each time. Sometimes it does it worse than others. Sometimes the frequency is every 5 seconds and sometimes its rare.

It reminds me of internet lag where youre trying to stream a movie or song and it hasnt buffered so the sounds keeps cutting out.

Any thoughts on what could cause this? I wanted to avoid taking it to the dealer if possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My x5 did that, every 30 seconds the hole thing stopped working, turned out it needed a new head unit, (which I think is the DVD drive were your sat nav disk lives) cost about £260 to get it replaced by a non BMW garage.
Not sure if you have the same problem or if this is any help!!!

·
Banned
1 Posts
My x5 did that, every 30 seconds the hole thing stopped working, turned out it needed a new head unit, (which I think is the DVD drive were your sat nav disk lives) cost about £260 to get it replaced by a non BMW garage.
Not sure if you have the same problem or if this is any help!!!
Mine is not even getting through boot up! It just cycles repeatedly. So you say you had the unit inside the dash replaced and it fixed your problem? The dealer wanted over $1900 USD to replace it. Obviously looking to do it aftermarket...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yer, the part they replaced was called the head unit, it's the DVD drive were your sat nav DVD lives. Like yourself I was looking at paying £1900 but found an aftermarket company that did it for about £260. The guys I used new just about everything about BMW sat navs. They can sometimes put what's known as a software patch on the nav but mine would not stay on long enough to allow that to work. Once it was replaced it was perfect from then onwards. Hope that helps. Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts