BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question. If this vehicle as the m sport package, does that mean it has the additional HP bump of extra 15 ?

Looking at two identical 2013's but one has an option "267 performance package" .

Can one have the m sport package and not have the HP gain for this year ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I believe the difference between the xDrive35i and the xDrive35i M Sport Package is twin turbo vs a twin scroll turbo and 15 horse power. I don't think you can have the M Sport Package without having the different turbo and extra horsepower.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I believe the difference between the xDrive35i and the xDrive35i M Sport Package is twin turbo vs a twin scroll turbo and 15 horse power. I don't think you can have the M Sport Package without having the different turbo and extra horsepower.
They both have Twin Scroll turbo. N55 engine does not come with Twin-Turbo like N54.
M sport has different ECU and that bump in HP and torque is not a problem to make.
What BMW did is just small increase of power so that does not affect reliability and longevity of engine. N55 is open deck engine and not quite darling of tuners.

·
Registered
126 Posts
They both have Twin Scroll turbo. N55 engine does not come with Twin-Turbo like N54.
M sport has different ECU and that bump in HP and torque is not a problem to make.
What BMW did is just small increase of power so that does not affect reliability and longevity of engine. N55 is open deck engine and not quite darling of tuners.
Got it. Here's some good info about differences in the N55.

http://mywikimotors.com/n55b30/

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
yes, 2013 M Sport Packages has the bump in HP

·
Registered Boozer
680 Posts
From what I've read, not all 2013 M sport packaged cars have the bump in HP. The build sheet needs to have option S767A listed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I've read, not all 2013 M sport packaged cars have the bump in HP. The build sheet needs to have option S267A listed.
I think this is the case. What a nightmare. Initially I was searching for the M package assuming it was included. Now I'll have to run the vin on every car. Been searching for months... unreal

·
Registered Boozer
680 Posts
I think this is the case. What a nightmare. Initially I was searching for the M package assuming it was included. Now I'll have to run the vin on every car. Been searching for months... unreal
Sorry for the typo, it should be 767.

I ran a couple of VINs, just to see if maybe the HP bump was standard after a certain production month, it's not. Just FYI, the last month of production was 06/2013.

0E05571--02/2013, no PP.
0E09152--03/2013, has PP.
0E13723--04/2013, no PP.
0G53077--05/2013, no PP.

Here is one for sale.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to be clear, production month doesn't matter ?

I ran a couple of VINs, just to see if maybe the HP bump was standard after a certain production month, it's not. Just FYI, the last month of production was 06/2013.

0E05571--02/2013, no PP.
0E13723--04/2013, no PP.
0G53077--05/2013, no PP.

Here is one for sale.

·
Registered Boozer
680 Posts
Yeah, doesn't matter. Are you looking for a specific color? Has to be Alpine White?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

0E05571--02/2013, no PP.
0E13723--04/2013, no PP.
0G53077--05/2013, no PP.

Here is one for sale.
Gotta have 3rd row and white in color. Haven't used listingallcars.com but will now.
white or silver/gray.
M sport 2013. with hp bump haha.
heated seat/wheel
All other options I can live without.
Oh..and 35k budget.

Thanks

·
Registered Boozer
680 Posts
Gotta have 3rd row and white in color. Haven't used listingallcars.com but will now.
white or silver/gray.
M sport 2013. with hp bump haha.
heated seat/wheel
All other options I can live without.
Oh..and 35k budget.

Thanks
Tall order, good luck with the search. I'll post up if I come across anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been searching since February. That one in florida I had reserved. Had I not noticed that 767 option on a different one I wouldn't have caught it. Really frustrates me to find out now that that power option is not always on the m sport package for 2013.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over 15hp on a SAV that needs more torque than hp to get up and go. Hell I would bet you couldn't even tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over 15hp on a SAV that needs more torque than hp to get up and go. Hell I would bet you couldn't even tell the difference.
agreed, the HP bump I believe is the upper rev range too...so, you really have to rev it to extract it, not really practical for a 4800 lb SUV.

OP, I think finding a 3rd row with M Sport is going to be a tough combo. Do you really need 3rd row? I have it, and only used it once, and probably won't again. I would never subject an adult into those seats. Today, I'm traveling with baby gear, with all that stuff in the trunk, renders the 3rd row useless as I won't be able to fit my basic stroller and gear with the 3rd row up. Also, by the time my kid will be old enough to use the 3rd row, I won't have this SUV as it'll be at least 6 years from today until I feel comfortable sticking a kid back there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do see a few with M sport and 3rd row. We'll use it quite a bit as we have two kids now and always have their friends with us and need that back row to fit them. I get no adults will use it but we have plenty of kids that will.

I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
oh in that case, I can see 3rd row as coming in very handy...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Backed out on the florida m sport. It is only 15hp but it will weigh on me knowing its not what I wanted. Search continues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts